Chapter 6: A Night To Remember

Staring up at the ceiling my mind flashed images of the shit that might happen tonight. I was having second thoughts on if I should even go to prom. I like Chris but what if things go left instead of right?

"TJ have you -" my mom stopped in front of my room staring at me. "What are you doing?"

"Thinking."

"Shouldn't you be in a dress and some shoes right now? "

"I don't know."

"What you mean? Tonight's prom. You got a date."

"I know but what if shit goes down and I don't know what to do?"

"Nothing bad is gonna happen. You'll be with Chris and your friends."

"I don't know. What did you do at your prom?"

"Uh.... I didn't go to prom. Me and my friends got drunk and I fell of a car."

"Mom!"

"Just saying. And I'm not encouraging you to do under age drinking."

"I'm not doing that mom."

"Better not be." I chuckled. "How about I help you get ready?"

"You know how to do hair and make up?"

"Hmm." She ran her fingers through my hair. "I've gotten better over the years. Just let me see what I can do. Go get the stuff you need and do what you need to do."

I smiled at my mom and hugged her. After a shower and taking care of some hygiene stuff I sat with my mom in her room as she did my hair and makeup.

My mom had a steady hand as she applied dark blue eye shadow on my eyelid

My mom had a steady hand as she applied dark blue eye shadow on my eyelid. I could do my own makeup but I wanted some mother-daughter time with her. After the eyeshadow came the mascara.

"You're doing great," I said to her.

"How do you know?"

"I got a feeling."

"Well thank you. Okay open your eyes." She grinned. "Looks good. Really brings out your eyes."

"Mom this looks great." I smiled looking in the mirror.

"Good. Go put on your dress."