o n e;

Phil;

I had to walk up the long staircase to get to my apartment since I didn't trust the elevator in my building which closes it's door on you within 9 seconds even if something's blocking it. When I finally got to the fourth floor I unlocked the door to my fairly new apartment, a feeling of satisfaction and independence washing over me.

I fell down onto my couch and let out a sigh. I wonder how Pj's doing, maybe I should call him. I pulled out my phone out of my back pocket only to be spammed with a bunch of notifications from my mom. She's still not used to me being so far from home and honestly I'm kind of tired of it. I'm glad I moved away. I swipe away the notifications and go to find Pj's contact, which I then called only to be led to voicemail. I push my hair back from my forehead and sigh, not knowing what to do now. I should probably be productive and try to at least think of a solid concept for that book I've been trying to write.

I pull my laptop out of my bag, trying not to crumple any loose papers surrounding it, and put it onto the coffee table in front of me. I leaned forward as I put in the password and then proceeded to look for the nearest coffee shops. I've already been to the nearest Starbucks which is a bit too crowded, but then I also went to a local library which is a bit too quiet and the atmosphere is a bit too... uncreative. I looked through the list of nearby coffee shops, most of them being different Starbucks shops. I stopped when a nice looking coffee shop that wasn't a Starbucks caught my eye. It was called The Café which is a bit cliche if you ask me, but from the photos it looked like a nice place. It isn't that far away either. I shut my laptop and carefully put it between the loose papers that I should probably put into a binder that I don't own. I put down "buy a binder" into the mental list of things I probably won't do. I swung the bag over my shoulder and made my way to the coffee shop.

A/N: welp, I'm doing this, hopefully it won't completely flop :")