That's What the Water Made Me

I took a deep breath.

"I don't think I can do that..."

Richie leant over and whispered in my ear.

"If you rock it, she won't be so friggin smug."

I nodded quickly and picked up one of Richie's old Les Paul's.

I knew how to play the song, it was one of my absolute favourite songs ever and I insisted on learning it. However, I was so nervous because of what I was thinking.

"What if I mess up?"

I was practically sweating tears of humiliation already. Richie gave me a reassuring smile and David gave me an enthusiastic thumbs up. I exhaled dramatically and strummed the first chord.

I let the music flow through my heart and soul until I was so overwhelmed I almost fainted.

"Baby, baby, baby

No use in trying to save me

There's devils in heaven

There's angels in hell

So blow me one last kiss

Wish me well well

Love is like fingerprints

It don't wash away

I left mine all over you

I'll take the blame

Ask me how, ask me what

Don't ask me why

Baby

That's what the water made me

That's who I am and what I'll be

That's what the water

That's what the water made me

There ain't no doubt about it

It makes you, will bring you to your knees

That's what the water

That's what the water made me

This world is cracked and crazy

Say one of your pretty prayers for me

No rose in the garden

No wishing well

I don't know how, don't what

Don't know why

Maybe

That's what the water made me

That's who I am and what I'll be

That's what the water

That's what the water made me

There ain't no doubt about it

It makes you, will bring you to your knees

That's what the water

That's what the water made me

Ask me how, ask me what

Ask me why

Baby baby, baby

There's no use in trying to save me

There's devils in heaven

There's angels in hell

That's what the water made me

That's who I am and what I'll be

That's what the water

That's what the water made me

There ain't no doubt about it

It makes you, will bring you to your knees

That's what the water

That's what the water made me."

As soon as the last note left my mouth I nearly cried with joy from the unsatisfied look on Lexi's face.

"That was okay." She murmured.

"Okay? That was fricken awesome Trix!" David exclaimed.

"I haven't had this much fun in ages." I admitted. Lexi huffed grumpily and stormed out the room. I sighed again and sat at the piano. My fingers hovered over the keys before I stood again. I pulled my phone out and put it on the charger next to the door. I scrolled through my playlist and put the Scorpions song Rock You Like A Hurricane on. I grabbed the Les Paul again and ripped out the power chord for the intro.

Jon's face lit up almost instantly and he smiled.

"I LOVE THIS SONG!" He shouted over the music. I smiled back and mouthed 'I know'. I stepped up to the mic and before I knew the boys and I were singing along with the Scorpions.

Once the song finished I placed the guitar down gently and flopped into a chair.

"That. Was. Awesome!" Tico practically shouted. Suddenly David jumped up and grabbed my hand.

"I have the best idea." He shouted. "You said you loved The Scorpions right?"

I stared up at him still holding his hand.

"You can't be serious..." I said trailing off.

Richie, Jon and Tico all jumped and shouted. Richie suddenly picked me up and before I knew it he was running through the house carrying me bridal style. I screamed as he flung the car door open and dropped me in.

I heard David shout out to Lexi to tell her that he was leaving and then he and Richie jumped on either side of me and plugged in. Jon drove and Tico took the passenger side.

As we drove over a speed bump to exit the driveway I elbowed Richie and David really hard before we all burst out laughing.