Ch. 8

It was Friday morning and i did my usual morning routine. I did my makeup, put on a cute outfit and headed downstairs for breakfast. My mom already left for work so i had to make my own breakfast. I made myself a bowl of cereal and a smoothie. After finishing up my breakfast i realized i have a big soccer game tonight. Our team already managed to make it to the finals and if we won tonight that would make our school first in the country.

I got into my car and decided to jam out this morning to get pumped. Problems by Iggy Azalea came one and i lost it! (literally my fav song rn) I was so happy coming into school, all the heads turned. Ever since I've changed my look, everyone would stop and look at me. I didn't really like it but i guess that's what happens when you're practically the hottest girl in school.

I came into first block and surprise, surprise Sam wasn't there. I was happy and bummed out that he wasn't there because i had no one to impress. Wait. Was i trying to impress Sam? Sam Wilkinson? What am i doing? I felt so stupid for a second but i just brushed the thought off. First period went by pretty fast and so did second. It was lunch and i was walking to the cafeteria with Savannah and Leah.

"Did you see Sam today?" Savannah asked.

"No why?" i answered suspiciously

"He's with this girl from Burke" she said. (another high school in Omaha)

"I didn't see him in class today" Leah added

"Yeah neither did i"

"He's been skipping all day just to be with the girl" Savannah stated

"Who's the girl" i asked as we walked in the crowded cafeteria.

"I don't know but apparently she's gorgeous" Savannah looked at me

I felt so dumb at this point because i actually care. Is the girl prettier than me? Is she nicer than me? Is she smarter? Then i saw her. She was sitting at a table with Sam, the Jack's, Cam and the other jocks.

Then it hit me. I've seen her before. I've seen her in the soccer clubs i used to play in. She wasn't "all that pretty" if you asked me.

We sat down at our regular table and started eating. A girl from the soccer team walked by so i said "hi"

"Oh hey Maya! Ready for the game tonight?" she replied.

"Yeah of course are you?" i asked.

"I don't know i heard Burke is a really good school"

My jaw dropped. That girl who is with Sam plays soccer and goes to Burke high school. Are you fucking kidding me?

"You okay?" she asked

"Yeah" i finally snapped out of it.

"What was that about?" Leah asked

"I'm playing against mystery girl tonight" i said

"No way!" Savannah exclaimed

I smiled it off even thought, now, i was kind of nervous. I never got nervous for games but since shes playing and Sam will be watching, i guess i could say I'd rather kill myself.

The day ended and i went back home just to get my soccer things. I came home to my whole entire family dressed up in soccer jerseys waiting for me.

"What is this?" i laughed

"Big game tonight! I'm counting on you!" my dad hugged me

My dad always wanted me to play soccer and absolutely loved watching me play. I loved my dad for that.  

I hugged my whole family and knowing I'm Italian it took forever! I got my soccer bag and headed back to school for a little practice. Since i was captain i had to organize most of our pre-game practices and let me tell you it's very hard! My team and i went over a couple of plays and i felt like we were ready.

A bunch of parents started showing up and the game was about to start. We were all in the change room getting ready for the big game. Our coach called us in for a "little talk" aka tell us that it doesn't matter if we win or lose bullshit. No one really paid attention to the coach since we were all fired up and ready to go. We came on the field and I saw the girl that was with Sam today. She was a striker and so was i, so we were basically going against each other. Since it was home game we got first ball.

Before i even knew it, it was half time and the game was tied 2-2. I scored both goals and the mystery girl scored only 1 while her teammate scored the other. Our coach gave us a final pep talk before we got back on the field. Again, time went by so fast and there was only 2 minutes left of the game and it was still tied 2-2. I had the ball and i ran up the field dodging ever defence they had. I almost made it passed their last defender under mystery girl tackled me. I fell to the floor but got back up since i never faked an injury even though it really hurt. The ref gave her a yellow card but that really didn't do much. The last 30 seconds and mystery girl has the ball to our side. I quickly ran up but she got passed me again. At this point nothing was stopping and i needed to get that ball. 

--------------------------------------------------

hey guys! sorry i haven't updated in awhile! I was really busy with school and other stuff so i didnt have any time to write! I tried to make this chapter kind of a cliff hanger so yeah... tell me if it worked haha!! I'll be updating more often now thank you for sticking with me! love you xx