22.

I woke up early on Wednesday morning to the sound of more thunder hitting the city

I woke up early on Wednesday morning to the sound of more thunder hitting the city. I groaned when I saw it was only seven o'clock and after much debate, I decided to get out of bed. I'd been practically living in my bed for the past week and I could feel it when I stretched my limbs, stiff and sore from lack of proper movement. 

I got ready that morning for the first time in days. I washed and blow dried my hair to give it some volume, applied a thin layer of make-up and put on clothes that tightly hugged my slim figure and made me look somewhat put together. With one final look in the mirror and some words of encouragement to myself, I was out the door.

I glanced towards the hole still etched in the wall from where Thor fell through it and swallowed hard, hoping the landlord would do something about it very soon. 

I stepped outside and cursed under my breath when I remembered the rain still hadn't stopped pouring from the skies above my head and I didn't own an umbrella.

"Damn you, Thor." I huffed under my breath.

I pushed my coat over my head and ran all the way to the Stark Tower. Thankfully it wasn't located too far away from where I lived, so my head stayed fairly dry. 

"Hey, Mary," Natasha greeted when she saw me shaking the water droplets from my jacket, "Thank God you're here."

"What is going on?" I asked, shaking the water from my gym bag and jeans.

"Uh, haven't noticed the weather?" She eyed me, her left eye brow raised. 

"Yeah, so?"

"It's him. He's been sulking in his room ever since he got back... Listen, I know you don't know me very well, but you brought Bruce back to us alive so I consider you a very good friend and I wouldn't say this if I didn't feel right about it," she began, "I think he's in love with you. I mean, I've known Thor for years and he wasn't even like this with Jane."

My heart dropped down to my stomach, "Jane?"

Nobody ever mentioned a Jane to me.

"He's dated a human before, several years ago. They met when he first arrived on Earth, hit it off right away. She dumped him a long time ago, though. He was pretty hurt over it for a while, but I've never seen him this upset. None of us have." Natasha explained.

She handed me a towel, which I used to pat myself dry. I didn't know exactly what to say or what to think. Why would someone ever give up a guy like Thor? My stomach turned when I thought of how I treated him and I suddenly felt the urge to vomit.