Chapter 33 - I'll Stop The Whole World

The last chapter title was incredibly irrelevant to what was happening and that was just to throw you off your game. Boom.

Anyways here it is… thirty something.  Chapter title is from the song Monster by Paramore. This chapter involved me to do math and I am not happy about that.

Chapter 33 – I’ll stop the whole world …

On April 15th 2014 I got a phone call. It was 4:30am San Diego time.

I answered my phone groggily.

I’d stayed with my bandmates that night and we’d all slept in the living room. We’d booked some time for a studio so we were trying to work on some songs and we were also working on an official cover of a poppier song but we were all really stoked. Tyler was going to be singing on it because it was going to most likely make me sound very gay. But I didn’t really actually care because so far it had been so much fun to work on.

Alan and I had gotten to be pretty good friends again in the last few weeks since we decided to be practically best friends again.

“Hello?” I said groggily into the phone.

“Hey!”

“Kellin? Why are you calling me? It’s 4:30 in the morning.” I said looking at my clock on my desk across the room.

“What are you talking about? Look at a clock, dumby! It’s 7:30!”

“Time difference. And 7:30 is still early.”

“Oh my gosh! I completely forgot about the time difference! I am so sorry!”

“It’s fine.”

After those words left my mouth, Kellin apologized for about 5 minutes straight.

“stop apologizing. It’s not going to change the fact that I’m awake. Why’d you call?”

“I uh… I may or may not have forgotten…”

“Goodbye, Kellin. Call me if you remember. Just don’t wake me up before 9.” I said before hanging up. I put my phone on the floor where it had been and rolled over, attempting to sleep once more.

After 2 hours of tossing and turning profusely I decided that sleep was not going to happen. Being that it was already quarter to 7 I figured it wouldn’t hurt to get up.

I pulled on a pair of little booty shorts seeing as I wasn’t wearing any pants, grabbed my phone and headphones and then made my way downstairs.

I realized that it was a bit chilly so I ran back upstairs and grabbed my Green Day hoodie. Once I was back downstairs I decided to go into the kitchen and maybe eat something, while watching some dumb YouTube videos.

I made myself a quick bowl of cereal. I hadn’t eaten anything the day before because I hadn’t been feeling well. The problem I’d been having with eating when I’d first moved in with the boys had subsided and I was also a lot better in the depression and bi-polarism aspect. I’d been medicated for those 2 things but I feel like getting away from Jack was a big part of all of my healing. Not to mention the fact that I lived with 4 guys who had been through a lot as well and were always there to help me. Jaime and I had repaired our relationship quite a bit over the last few months and we were now once again friends.

I plugged my headphones into my phone and opened the YouTube app. Some of the people I’d subscribed to over the years had uploaded new videos and I watched a few covers. Then I went to Bryan Stars channel and looked at what he’d put up. As I scrolled through his videos I noticed there were a few I’d yet to see. I ended up looking through his playlists of interviews to see if there were any interviews that I might enjoy. I saw one playlist titled “Unsigned Artist Interviews”. I hadn’t really known he did interviews with unsigned artists. I clicked on one of the interviews and within 10 minutes I was covering my mouth and crying from laughter. Not only was Bryan hilarious but so was the kid he was interviewing. It wasn’t a new interview but it was still hilarious. It was a half hour long interview and when It ended I was slightly disappointed. I ended up watching old Mattg124 videos after it was over.

Inbetween videos, I heard someone coming down the stairs. It was only about 7:30 so I was slightly confused.

I rinsed my bowl and everything then went to see who it was.

I opened the door that connected the living room and the kitchen and stopped when I saw Tony standing there with a phone in his hand.

“Why are you so angry?” He asked quietly

The person on the other end of the phone spoke and he was quiet for a few seconds.

I didn’t bother sticking around to hear what was being said as it wasn’t any of my business. So I went back to watching videos.

I sat on the kitchen counter and crossed my legs Indian style. A few videos later, Tony came into the kitchen wearing nothing but a pair of Key St. Sweat pants.

He stopped when he saw me and I pulled out my head phones.

“Did you hear any of that?” he asked running a hand through his short hair.

Truth be told, I kind of missed his long hair. But he looked so grown up, now.

“No. Are you okay? You look really upset.”

“You remember the girl I was dating?”

“I don’t remember her name, but I remember her. Why?”

“She just broke up with me.”

His voice cracked on the last few words and I jumped off the counter, leaving my phone there.

I walked over to him and wrapped my arms around his torso.

“I’m so sorry, tony. You seem to have the shittiest luck with girls.”

He wrapped his arms around my shoulders and buried his face in my messy hair.

“Not as bad as you with guys.” He said into my hair.

“No need to go there.”

He laughed softly and we just stood there for a while.

----

As the day progressed I did my best to make Tony smile.

I was doing pretty well until Vic brought up the topic of girlfriends.

“I think we should invite the girls over for dinner. What do you guys think?”

Mike and Jaime were quick to voice their agreements but Tony just kept his head down, looking at his feet.

The four of us were sat in the living room watching some bad sit com.

“I don’t know.” Tony mumbled.

“Why don’t we just order pizza or something, guys?” I said

“Alright, what’s going on?” Jaime caught on right away.

“Nothing. I don’t want to talk about it.” Tony said.

“Come on man. We can tell something’s wrong.” Mike said.

“Erin broke up with me, okay?! She accused me of cheating.”

“Did you tell her that you’d never hurt someone like that?”

“She didn’t want to believe me. She hung up without even really giving me a chance to try and convince her that I wouldn’t do that.” He said sadly.

“I’m sorry, Tone.” Vic said

Tony ran his hands through his hair and said,

“It’s fine. Obviously I can’t get a girl to trust me and I can’t trust a girl. I’ll survive.”

“Maybe you’re just going for the wrong girls. Someday a girl is going to realise that you’re worth giving up everything for. You just haven’t found her yet, it seems.” I said trying to encourage him.

“I’ve actually had my eye on a girl since before Erin and I got together. That’s why she accused me of cheating.”

“Who is it?!” Vic, Mike and Jaime all chirped at the same time.

“I’d rather not say.” Tony said staring at his feet once again.

After a moment of silence Vic pulled out his phone.

“So what kind of pizza does everyone want?” He asked with a smirk.