Chapter 38 - I Swear I Could Never Burn Out Under Your Starlight

Hey you guys! Lex here! uhm... Sorry for not updating or anything for a while. I do have the next few chapters done and i will be posting them within the next few weeks. Being that its summer now i will be able to hopefully get back to writing on weekdays and uploading on Sundays. So, Next weekend i will be out of town and getting back home on probablt sunday night and i might be to tired to update. If i do update, i'll have a little authors note at the beginning, if not i love you all dearly and thank you so much for reading this painfully long story but i feel like im finally getting somewhere with this and pretty soon i will be at the best part!!! Near the end, there will be a very large time lapse... like a year time lapse but that is okay. If not oh well, my story, not yours. Also, you may have noticed an improvment in my writing since i started this story and its thanks to one of my teachers at school. I was taking a creative writing class all of the seconds semester adn i will also be taking it again in grade 11 (next year) so, as i said, i love you all dealry; thank you for reading this and i will update this on sunday. Chapter title is from the song Starlight by Tonight Alive! ENJOY!!! 

Chapter 38 – I swear I could never burn out under your starlight

It was the day that Tony and I would be going on our date and I was super excited. It was also a Saturday which meant Tony and I would be spending the day together anyway. Saturdays were reserved for him to help me with skateboarding. We’d been doing that since it got warm enough out.

We were standing in the middle of the road, facing each other with our skateboards at our feet.

“Do you think you can go from here to the end of the road?” He asked.

It was taking longer than I’d hoped for me to get the movements down.

“Possibly.” I said shyly.

“Don’t worry. I’ll be right beside you the whole time.”

He walked while I skated down to the end of the road. I did quite well to be honest. I didn’t fall so that was a good thing.

We turned around and went back to where we were.

“You want to try it a bit faster this time?”

I nodded my head in excitement and took off without him.

“Alex! You better not hurt yourself!” he called out to me. I didn’t look at him because I was trying to concentrate. When I got to the end of the road a few seconds later I put my foot on the edge of the board and turned back towards Tony. I picked up a bit more speed and within a few seconds I was approaching Tony.

When he was in earshot I put my foot on the edge of the board again and started swerving all over the road.

“Alex! Stop that!” He said, “Do you know how to stop?”

I nodded my head and stopped in front of him.

“I did it!” I said throwing my arms in the air, before putting them around Tony’s neck and hugging him. He wrapped his arms around my waist and picked me up spinning around.

He set me down again and we both cheered childishly.

We ended up fooling around for a few hours like we always did and I managed to actually learn how to move on the skateboard. I’d accomplished something. I was quite proud. When we went back inside Vic was sitting in the living room playing on his phone.

“What do you guys want for dinner tonight? I’m cooking something but I don’t know what. Jaime and Mike said they don’t care.” He said looking up at us.

“I’d say spaghetti but…” I said trailing off

“Oh yeah, Vic, I’m taking your little sister out on a date tonight. Don’t kill me.” Tony said with a smirk