Episode 6 - Heart Monitor

Heads up, this first bit is a tiny bit sexual.

I hurled my phone at my bed.

Fifteen times I'd called her.

Fifteen embarrassing apology voicemails.

Fuck my life.

I groaned, picked up my phone again and dialled Erica again.

Ring Ring.

Ring Ring.

Ring Ring.

"This is Erica Reyes, I'm sorry I couldn't get your call, please leave a message after the beep,"

I sighed, another embarrassing voicemail to add to the list.

"Hey Erica, it's me... again... I just want you to know, you did nothing wrong, I overreacted and I'm so, so, sorry Erica, I – I," I ended the voicemail before I embarrassed myself even more.

I sat on my bed and stared at my beige wall blankly.

"You holding up alright, Perce?" Aphrodite asked, sliding next to me and laying her head on my shoulder. Her hair smelt of lemon. Just like Annabeth's...

"I'm not very good at this romance thing am I?" I said blankly, falling back onto my bed so I could stare at my ceiling. Aphrodite curled around me, wrapping her arms around my chest, binding me to her.

"So you admit you like Erica?" she said, resting her head on my chest.

"I mean, you don't send someone sixteen voicemails if you aren't interested, do you?"

Aphrodite looked up at me from her position on my torso. "This isn't me you know? I'm not playing around with your love life anymore, not after the debacle with Ann – "

"Don't. I've got enough on my plate without thinking of her."

Aphrodite lifted herself off me and sat cross legged opposite me, her kaleidoscope eyes bore into mine as she examined me.

"What's up?" she asked, tying her hair up with a bobble that had puffed into her hand with some pink smoke.

"Doesn't matter, how're things on Olympus?" I rolled over to my front and buried my face into my bed.

"No, as your patron, it is my duty to make sure you're okay," she pouted adorably and gave me the cutest puppy eyes I'd ever seen.

I sighed. "You're not gonna leave till I tell you, are you?"

Aphrodite shook her head enthusiastically.

"My buddy Scott was bitten by a werewolf so we're trying to stop him from being killed by another werewolf, but at the same time, I'm failing almost all my classes, dad is my swim coach and the looming threat of camp finding me is swallowing my life." I hurled my words out as quickly as possible.

"And Erica." Aphrodite added.

"And Erica." I agreed.

Aphrodite appeared behind me, wrapping her arms around me and pressing herself into my back. She leaned into me and started to suckle on my neck.

"What're you doing!?" I asked, frantically scurrying away from her.

Aphrodite knelt on the bed in just a tight t-shirt and underwear, pouting at me dejectedly.

"I'm trying to help you relax!" she enthused, walking towards me, pulling her t-shirt off.

"Jesus Christ! Stop! What if someone walked in!?" I exclaimed, desperately holding her hands to her sides to stop her from taking any more clothes off. "Besides, you're like my aunt! That's weird! You're weird!"