Chapter Four

Dedicated to @bougieluv, @bored_and_afraid, @naevanelly 

○☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆○

"Mum..." I hesitated when I saw her with her laptop. Maybe she wouldn't mind all too much since she looked busy.

"Hmm?"

"Can I borrow your car?" I tried asking casually.

"No."

"But why?" I whined.

"You know why. If you need some form of transportation, you can use a bicycle." She said still staring at the screen of the laptop.

"That'd be great if I actually had one," I mumbled.

"Well then you'll have to walk or ask for a ride from that boy next door."

"Please Mum. I swear that I will take good care of it."

"You said the same thing last time and the exact opposite happened."

"But I will this time. If I don't then you can cut off my allowance."

She stared at me as if chewing on the idea. Seconds later, she got the keys from the counter and just as I was about to take the keys from her she took her hand back and gave me a warning look.

"You better take care of the car and mostly yourself," she said then placed the keys in my open hand.

"I will and you won't regret it," I said then gave her a quick hug and rushed out of the house.

"I better not."

I put the key in the ignition, pulled out of the driveway and drove off to a store that was nearby.

I pulled up in front of the store and got out of the car. I went straight to where the frozen goods were kept and took two buckets of ice cream, one lime and the other vanilla. I went to another isle where snacks were found. After taking some potatoe crisps and a few variety of biscuits I realised that I forgot to take a basket.

I probably looked like an idiot as I held onto the food awkwardly. I was about to walk over to a counter that didn't have a long queue getting a few looks from some people when I saw Owen. I couldn't help but walk over to him.

"Hey Owen," I said with a smile on my face.

"What do you want?" he said after letting out a loud frustrated sigh.

"Just saying hi to my neighbour," he continued to ignore me. "Hey uhm...do you think that I could maybe use your basket?" I carefully asked. The guy was like a landmine, you could never be too careful.

"No," he said stoically.

"But you're not even using it," I stated looking at the empty basket that was by his feet.

"That's because I just got here," he pointed out.

"Fine. I don't need it anyway," I said and made to walk to the counter but it, like every other counter, now had a long queue. "Just my luck."

"Indeed," I heard Owen say as I walked over to the queu. Jerk.

It took about thirty or so minutes for me to finally have my things punched. The girl at the counter was so slow that I came to the conclusion that she was probably new at the job.

I left the store and walked towards my Mum's car proudly because I hadn't destroyed her car or damaged it in the least. My pride was short lived when I saw that the car headlights were on. I walked quickly to the car and opened the door but when I put the keys in ignition, the car didn't start. I pulled out the key and then placed it back in but it still didn't start, only made a wierd noise like before.