Chapter Twenty Five

I sat in the car for a moment and just as he was about to start the car, I unfastend my seatbelt and got out of the car.

"Where are you going?" I heard Owen shout but I didn't turn to see him.

I just speed walked towards home.

He grabbed my arm and turned me around. The anger that I'd bottled up just exploded and I could my breaths come quicker.

"Where are you going? I thought you agreed to go with me?"

I didn't trust myself to speak so instead I just glared at him.

"Okay you're just sending mixed signals right now."

"Oh. I'm the one sending mixed signals?" I let out a humourless laugh. "You. You're the one playing games here. You're the one sending mixed signals." I placed my right hand over my forehead and the other on my hip. "You don't just kiss someone without a proper reason and expect everything to go back normal."

"I told you why I did so I don't know why you're getting your hopes up."

"You're a real jerk you know that? There were so many ways for you to find out. You could have just asked me instead of kissing."

"You're one to talk. What about you? Why did you kiss me?"

I just shook my head and walked away from him. Not caring that I'd be walking home.

When I finally got home I got a call from mum. Quickly closing the door to my room, I picked up the call.

"I miss you so much mum. When are you coming back?"

"Hey honey." She called out and by the sound of her voice, I could tell she was smiling. "I miss you too. And about coming back, I'll let you know as soon as I'm notified."

At that, I felt deflated. Mum had been gone for far too long. And I was hoping she'd tell me she would be back in a week's time or less.

"Oh. Okay." I tried to change the topic to something. "How's work going?"

"It's going great. I even got you some novels. I would have gotten you some sketch books but you don't even use them." She laughed at the end.

"It's not my fault I'm not as talented as you." I said failing at keeping myself from smiling.

"I'll call you later I'm actually driving right now."

"Okay, see you when you get back."

"Of course honey."

Mum was an artist and she'd been drawing all her life, at least that's what she tells me. She studied art in high school and college, where she met dad. He had helped her out in landing her first job upon graduating. Things didn't go as planned for mum when she was rejected but that didn't let her lose hope. Instead it pushed her to do her best and after working hard she finally landed a job.

Now she's one of the best artists I've come across, maybe that's a little biase. But her works are really amazing.

She was now collaborating with other artists in making an animated film and it just happened to be one among other things she was doing.

It was late at night and I was just cleaning up the dishes when Owen walked in the house. He stumbled a little and when he passed by I caught a wiff of alcohol.

Never in all the months that I'd known Owen, had I ever seen him drunk. I don't why but for some reason I found myself walking over to him.

"What do you want?" He slurred.

I tried to speak up but then Ms James walked in. I saw her lift a shaking hand to her mouth the walk over to Owen.

"Owen? What-What happened?"

"Am I not allowed to live my life now?" He waved a hand as if dismissing us and stumbled to his room.

I looked back at Ms James who had now placed both her hands on her mouth. She had an almost horrified look on her face.

Then I heard her whisper, "this can't be happening again."

○☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆○

A/N: I know chapters are shorter lately but that's because we're drawing closer to the end. I'm not what's after this. Maybe a sequel? I don't know.

And I just want to thank each and everyone of you for voting, commenting and reading this book. It means a lot to me.

Until next time,
lafelicia.