Chapter Twenty Eight

Dedicated to @PoppinGURL13 @curly_fries_ @weirdkid99

Chapter might contain typos.

○☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆○

Since Saturday, the day I saw Owen with that woman, I had been filled with a sense of curiosity that I couldn't seem to shake off.

I found myself watching Owen every chance I could get, as if that would answer the questions swarming my mind. From the observations that I had shamelessly made, I discovered that Owen acted differently at home and at school.

At school, he acted like he's normal self but at home he acted differently. He rarely was home in fact and when he was, he'd either be in the backyard swimming or locked in his room.

What I found even weird was the fact that he stopped making snide remarks about me, not that I wasn't elated, it just seemed out of sorts because that's what I usually got from him when we were together.

We were currently seated in his car. Both quiet. I spared a glance at him. His jaw was tight and I could feel his anger rolling off of him in tides.

"Can I turn in the radio?" I tried as a way to start a conversation.

I waited and waited but didn't get a response. When I got tired of waiting, I reached out my hand towards the console, to turn on the radio when my hand got slapped away.

"Ouch!" I held my now stinging hand towards my chest. "What did you that for?"

"Don't touch my stuff."

"Well you could have said that before abusing my hand."

He spared a glance - no. Not a glance but a glare - before facing forward.

I didn't feel like giving without a fight and neither did I feel like getting into an accident because of touching his stuff.

So instead, I took out my phone from my bag before sparing another look at Owen. He looked a little distracted but I could tell he sensed that I staring at him.

After unlocking my phone I went to my playlist and started playing . I could tell he was irritated when his nose flared and his grip on the steering wheel intesified making his knuckes whiten.

I took as an indication to increase the volume in my phone.

"I swear if you don't that think off, you'll be walking to school."

"You wouldn't." I dared him.

"Try me."

And try I did. I let the song play on loop and irrate Owen even I was getting tired of it. To be honest, I wasn't even sure why I was acting the way I was. It was so unlike me.

I was jolted in seat when the car was brought to an abrupt halt, the seat belt knocking the air out of me.

I didn't have enough time to react before I heard Owen get out of the car, slamming his door shut before coming over to the passenger's door. He renched the door open and moved closer to my face.

"I warned you." His minty breath fanned my face and I didn't find myself repelled it.

Too lost in my thoughts I didn't notice him unbuckle my seatbelt but luckily I came back to my senses before he could renche me out of his car.

I clang on to the seat tightly stopping him from pulling me out of the car.

"Stop being childish and get out of my car."

"You stop being childish."

Owen glared at me for a while before sighing loudly, running his hand through his hair.

After composing himself, he came over to my side with - weirdly - a slight smile on his face. It caught me off guard that I loosened my hold on the seat. He leaned closer to me, placing one of his palms against my cheek and the other on my hand that I had placed on my thigh.

My heart began to beat faster and I didn't know how to stop it.

He leaned in even closer than before, sliding the hand that was on my cheek behind my neck and I could swear my heart beat trippled. I found myself closing my eyes but I was beyond surprised - and addmittedly mortified - when I felt Owen lift me, bridle style, out of the car.

"What are you doing! Put me down!"

"Gladly." He said placing me not too gently on the grass beside the road before running over to his car.

I tried to keep up with him but he was too fast to keep up with. As soon as he got to his car he got in. When i got to his car, I tried planning the passenger door but it was locked.

"Open the door Owen!" I hit on the window that had been drown up.

Instead, he just laughed with his head thrown back as if the whole matter was hilarious.

"Owen, you over grown pig open the door!"

He laughed some more.

I looked and realised that it was getting late, the sun was no where in sight.

"Please open the door Owen. I swear I'll behave." I tried bargain with him but instead he decided to start the car, not caring that I'd be left in the middle of nowhere. Alone.

A/N: Hey lovely people who are reading this. Sorry for the late update, my mind was completely dry yesterday and I couldn't write anything. But I finally managed to get this done just now.