Chapter Seven

Dedicated to @user36503972 for being the first person to add this book to their library.

○☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆○

"I heard you were with the others yesterday. I'm sorry I wasn't there. It's just that I had some urgent things to take care of." Kate said as she sat next to me during English.

"It's ok there's no need to apologise for anything."

"So..." I looked at her, "we are having swim try outs next Friday. You should sign up."

"I don't know..."

"Don't you know how to swim?"

"I do...but It's been a while and I'm not sure whether that'd be a good idea."

"Just give it a shot. You never know what might happen besides there's only one spot left."

"I'll think about it."

○☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆○

I got out of the last class of the day and found Kate casually leaning against the wall. She beamed immediately she saw me get out of the class.

"Are you ready?" She squeaked with excitement.

"For what?"

"You're coming home with me."

"Uh...Why...?" I trailed off not sure what she was up to.

"It's a Friday. A friend of mine is having a party."

"I'm still lost."

"We're going to the party." She enunsiated every word with her hands resting in my shoulders, shaking me a little.

"I don't remember ever agreeing to go to any party."

"It'll be fun." She shook me again but this time a little too much. "Now come. We have to get going, we don't have time to waste," she dropped her hands from my shoulders and grabbed my hand motioning for us to start off.

"But I have to inform mum about it." I resisted her pull by planting the soles of my feet on the floor.

She looked at me as if trying to make up her mind concerning her plans. Sighing heavily she spoke up, "Fine. We'll go to yours then get ready from my place."

○☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆○

I had a mental check list of everything that goes on at parties.

Alcohol. Check.

People doing crazy things because of alcohol. Check.

Horny teenagers making out in random places. Check.

Loud music. Check.

Smoking. Check.

It was a short list but it pretty much summed up what I'd expected to be at a party. Sometimes I wondered how teens who came from parties drunk managed to hide it from their parents.

"Don't just stand there! Get some alcohol in your system. Loosen up!" Kate shouted over the loud music. "Come on."

She pulled me by the hand into the unoccupied Kitchen and stopped next to an island."What do you want to take?"

"Uh...I don't take alcohol."

"Boo! You suck." She said with her left thumb pointing downwards.

"No I don't." I tried not laugh at her antics.

"Yes you do 'cause you're missing out on the good stuff."

"How's that so?"

"With alcohol, you pretty much do anything...well except for driving or flying a plane - my point is alcohol helps you forget. It numbs yours fears and worries and heightens happiness."