Chapter Twenty Six

Warning! Chapter might contain typos.

○☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆○

It was was Friday afternoon and I decided to finish up my physics assignment before heading home.

Kate was with the swimming team and I decided to wait for her by the bleachers.

Minutes into my homework, I heard a whoosh sound next to my ear. I looked behind me only to see a ball bounce behind me.

When I looked down at the field, I saw and heard some of the guys laughing.

"Pass the ball!" One of them shouted. But instead, I just got up and headed for the car park. Not even bothering to touch the ball.

"Hey. Sorry for the wait up." Kate walked up to me with her wet hair piled up on top if her head.

"It's okay." I got up from the bench I had been sitting on. "I actually got started with my physics homework."

I picked up my bag and started walking with Kate.

"Do you ever not study?" Kate asked.

"Yes. When I'm not studying." I laughed a little.

"Haha. Very funny." She said voice dripping with sarcasm and rolled her eyes.

Kate parked in the driveway and we both got out of her car.

She openned the front door and I walked behind her before side stepping.

The house was quiet save for the muffled sound coming from what I suspected to be the television.

"Is your brother around?" I questioned Kate as soon as I placed my shoes by the side of the front door.

"If I didn't know any better, I'd think you're trying to get my brother to be your boyfriend."

I gave her an unimpressed look.

"This is why I don't ask you questions."

"Oh come on. You know you can't survive without me." She sassed as we climbed the stairs.

"Don't give me a reason to go back home."

She stopped as she openned her door to give me a playful glare. "I'd like to see you try." Then fully openned it, "now come on. I need to know every little detail about your confusing relationship or whatever it is you have with Owen."

I placed my book and overnight bag on the floor. "Somehow, I feel like that's the only reason you invited me over."

"Partly." She responded, holding up her index finger and thumb a few millimetres apart.

○☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆○

I was lying on the floor, trying to catch my breath.

"I think I'm going to die." I wheezed.

"Oh come on Lyra, you're being a little dramatic." Kate said whilst doing a handstand.

"How do you even do that?" I looked at her incredulously.

"It takes practice?"

"Was that an answer of a question?"

"Both?"

She came down from her hand stand and stood up right. She did something she called lunges the went into her splits.

"How am I suppose to do that?" It was too early to be doing any of this.

"I thought you said you don't want to try it."

"Whatever."

I lay on my back, staring at the ceiling with both palms my hands resting on my stomach.

"Why does life have to be complicated?"

"Everyone wants an easy life but I think life wouldn't have the same meaning if it were easy."

"Didn't know you were one of the wise ones."

She flipped her hair over her shoulders and said, "I try."

"Whatever." I mumbled.

"Let's try to get rid of the bad energy by doing some stretches. It helps me a lot when I'm under stress."

After warming up our muscles, and a few stretches, I told Kate that I wanted to try doing a backbend.

I stood up before bending my knees slightly then raised my arms and arched my back and surprisingly I was able to do after a few attempts without falling.

When I was finally in my backbend, Kate thought it would a great idea to sit on my tummy. But since I didn't have much strength in my arms, we both came tumbling down. Me taking most of the weight.

At that precise moment, Abel openned the door.

"How many times have I told you to knock before entering my room?"

"Get off me Kate." I tried pushing her off.

"What are you two doing?" And I asked with a confused look on his face.

"Exercising. What does it look like?"

"What type of-"

"I suppose you came here for something?" Kate cut him off.

"Yeah...I need to use to laptop, mine won't start for some reason."

"And why should I give it to you? Aren't you the wiz-tech? Just fix yours."

"I'll fix it later but for now can I use yours?"

"No." Kate answered. Finally off of me.

"You're going to regret this when you need my help with fixing something." He said slowly closing the door.

"Fine!" Kate shouted just before Abel could fully close the door. "You can have it."

"I knew you'd make the right decision," Abel gave Kate a cheeky smile before taking her laptop from the bed and walked out.

"I think my back is broken." I groaned as I tried to get up from the floor.

"Are you sure."

"No. But it sure feels like it."

○☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆○

Later that day, Kate and I went out for ice cream.

After ordering oue ice cream, we sat down in one of the booths.

"Mmm....I just love ice cream." Kate moaned after having her first spoonful of ice cream.

"Every flavour?"

"Every flavour." She stated. "I don't think I'd be alive without."

I laughed a little at her statement.

But just then, I saw someone I wasn't all too pleased to see.

A/N: So sorry for the late update. Again. But I think I won't be able update every Tuesdays but I will do so on Saturdays.

Thanks for sticking with this story.

Until next time,
lafelicia.