Chapter Twenty Seven

Dedicated to @Sirad1234 @KennedyJones104  @wierdkid99 @oh_its_sarah @curly_fries_ @PoppinGURL13 @asiahello79f3

○☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆○

Kate must have seen my facial expression change because she stopped talking.

I could see her stare at me from the comet of my eyes.

She called out my name and this time I faced her and I could see curiousity swirling in her eyes.

"What? What happened?" She questioned.

"Can we leave now?" I got up, ice cream in hand.

Kate held my hand. "Why? Whats wrong?" She got with her ice cream too.

"I'll explain later. Just...please come."

Not waiting to see if she was following me, I headed towards the door, intent on not wasting any time.

I pulled the door open and bee lined for Kate's car. Wanting to be as far from sight as possible. But as luck would have it, no such thing happened.

I was in such a rush that I didn't see ahead of me because standing next to Kate's car was Owen.

When I saw him, he was about to enter the store. How did he move so quickly to that position?

I stopped walking, not knowing what else to do.

He was talking to a woman I hadn't seen before. The woman had her black hair that was tied in a low ponytail. She wore dark grey jeans and a floral print blouse.

Owen didn't seem happy to be in her presence. If the glare he was sending her way and the clenching and unclenching of his fists where anything to go by.

The woman though, she looked as though she was about to drop in tears. In the midst of talking she reached for his hand but instead Owen visibly flinched and took a haste step back. As if he was digusted by the mere contact of her skin.

The woman brought the hand that was about to reach for him to her lips and this time, tears cascaded down her face. But Owen didn't seem phased. He only glared at her before leaning down to her height and said something then stood up to his full height.

I watched as the woman tried to say something but Owen walked away. I heard her call his name but that didn't prompt him to stop.

I was busy staring at Owen that I didn't fully apprehend the fact that he was coming my way. It was only when his eyes met mine that I came to the realisation.

His eyes clearly showed the anger that he tried but failed to mask.

I tried saying something but all that came from my mouth was air. I didn't know if I should have asked him about the woma and what had happened or not. Then I realised that it was actually non of my business.

"What are doing here?"

I don't know if that was the right question because I could his jaw tighten up. He fisted his left hand before walking away.

I turned around and watched his reversing back, curiosity at it's peak, before diverting my eyes to Kate who was on the phone, smiling away. Twirling a piece of hair around her finger.

Then I looked back at Owen who got in his car and drove off.

○☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆○

Later that day, I walked over to the pool outside and found Owen seated with only his feet dangling in the pool. I saw him take a swig from the bottle I hadn't noticed earlier.

His hair was wet probably from swimming. It was something I noticed he did a lot to blow off some steam.

He looked deep in thought. Did it have to do with the woman he was with earlier?

I wanted to go over to him and ask who that woman was and why he reacted the way he did towards her.

But instead I just left him. He looked like he didn't want to be disturbed.

○☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆○

A/N: I just finished writing this post with checking for any typos😅
I just wanted to give guys an update today (I was tempted to put to off for tomorrow but pushed myself to come up with something.)

Until next time,
lafelicia.