🌼 2

flashback

Your eyes panned on to a little boy in the corner of the room who played with toys by himself.

It made you feel a little sad that he was alone.

Yet, he seemed to be having the most fun out of all the other kids.

Sister noticed you staring at the small child.

"That one over there, is a miraculous child. It's a shame that every couple that comes here, thinks he's weird or messed up in the head because he likes to talk to himself.

I mean he's only a child for God's sake.

His name is Taehyung. He's only two. He comes from a huge family, but due to not being able to afford him, they gave him up here."

You walked over to the corner far deep in the crest of the playroom.

Namjoon wasn't with you today since he had an appointment to go to, so you took the journey on your own.

"Annyeonghaseyo", you were now in front of the two year old. You squatted and pointed at the toys, "Can I play with you?"

Tilting his head to the side, he didn't understand anything you said to him besides hello. Sadly, that was one of the Korean words you actually knew.

"Play", you grabbed a toy car and moved it playfully with a swoosh sound.

The small boy giggled at the weird faces you were making.

present day

You were awakened by your two year olds running inside your room with a bolt of energy.

"Jimin! Taehyung!", you exclaimed with delight and opened your arms as the two took attempts to climb on to your bed. Only getting it after the fourth time.

They toppled you over with their bodies while you laughed breathlessly.

They filled your faces with kisses, their baby breath innocently fanning your nose.

"Baegopeun", Taehyung pouted.

There was a language barrier between you and Tae. Not just him, Korean was all of your kids' first language and though adopting them in Sourh Korea, you sadly barely spoke any Korean.

Since they were kids, they learnt easily. As for that you did include vocabulary words so it'll be easier for you all to communicate. Likewise, you also learned a few Korean words yourself.

"Hungry?", you asked.

Taehyung repeated after you, but paused in between each syllable..

"You can say it, come on. Hun-gry."

The little boy giggled to himself, "Hyungie."

You gave him a huge kiss, "Good job!"

Jimin, who lived with you longer, was much more fluent in English than his brothers. So it was easy for you to talk with him. He'd sometimes even translate as the bright child that he was.

"What do you guys want to eat today?"

Sucking his thumb, Jimin yelled in excitement, "COWSANS!"

You pinched his cheeks at his adorableness. He was completely obsessed with croissants ever since you all went to France.

"Let's go to the store and get fresh ones, okay?"

"Ne!"

"Go brush your teeth and put your clothes on!"

The two boys scurried out the room, leaving you alone.

You relaxed for a while, taking up the whole bed since Namjoon had work earlier than usual.

He worked as a Financial Advisory Consultant at a bank right across the street, so he was always close to home. Most times, he'd come home to eat lunch with you guys during his break.

You were a web designer and wedding planner. So you worked from home and were able to focus on the kids at the same time.

It was a simple home with the traditional lifestyle.

later

You grabbed a cart before entering the store.

The kids knew the drill.

You picked the one year old up and wrapped him on your back with a blanket. Then sat Jimin and Taehyung on the cart baby carrier. You gave a clerk your stroller as she handed you a ticket number, so you could pick it up when you were done shopping.

"COWSANS!"

"Haha, I know baby, but you can't be loud in here."

Jimin pointed to the bakery baking in the middle of the store. His little body bounced up and down of excitement. "Hungwee!"

You pushed the cart to the direction of the stand and opened the small door. Grabbing the spring tongs on the side and a plastic bag, you reached inside the heat box.

There were slight movements on your back which told you Jungkook was waking up.

Jimin pushed the pacifier, that was clipped to the younger boy's shirt, in Babykook's mouth before he started to cry.

"Annyeonghaseyo?"

You heard a raspy voice, taking your attention away from the croissants.

Turning to your side, your eyes panned on to a very tan and chubby middle-aged woman. She stared at you with full concern.

"I don't speak Korean, sorry", you replied back, avoiding small talk with the stranger.

She looked at you, then the kids with deep worry. "That are you kid?"

You crinkled your eyebrows and slowly nodded. "Yes. These are my kids."

"But you black and they white."

Taking a step back because you were used to this kind of situation, you smiled, "You think you're white?"

"Yes! You are so tan!"

"And what are you?"

The woman furrowed her eyebrows and looked at the kids. "Okay. Mianhe."

You nodded at her wack ass apology and shut the heat box. You turned around to see Jimin frowning.

You pulled his chin up, "What's wrong, Chimchim?"

"You my mommy, wight?"

You smiled, "Yes of course! Why?"

He crossed his arms, "Fat lady so pabo."

You covered your mouth after you let out an ugly laugh. "What is your dad teaching you?"