🌼 3

flashback

"He's one years old, but he's already taught himself how to speak.

He's so intelligent, but he doesn't interact with the parents.

Everyone has wanted to take him home, but Jimin's shy."

Namjoon untangled his fingers from yours and walked over to a little boy who played with his friends.

"What's his backstory?", you whispered to Sister.

"His sister got jealous and tried to kill him. His aunt brought him here to keep him away since her sister didn't believe her."

You frowned, crinkling your eyebrows, "Whoa. That doesn't make sense. That's the full story?"

"There's more to it, I believe. Yet, that's all we got told."

"I'm surprised he hasn't gotten adopted yet? He seems special."

"He is! But just as I said before, he's lucky. He'll know who he wants when he feels it.

And it feels like he loves your husband."

You looked towards the play mat from afar, seeing Namjoon and the little boy playing 'rock, paper, scissors'.

🌼

You removed your reading glasses and set them on the side of your desktop.

You just finished working with a bridal from Eritrea who wanted her boutique to be rare types of roses.

It was hard, but you always got the work done.

And to make it better, you got all the kids to take a nap.

You heard the front door open and shut. Heavy footsteps filled the quiet home.

Namjoon was home for lunch and the kids were sleeping.

This occasion was very rare.

"Hey." You entered the kitchen, almost startling him while he stared at the microwave.

"Hey honey. I thought you'd be sleeping, so I didn't want the microwave beeping to wake you."

You smiled and gave him a cheek kiss before sitting down. "I was working. These kids are growing up so fast Namjoon. I can't believe Jimin turns 3 this weekend then Taehyung is right after him."

His dimples imprinted his smile. Namjoon grabbed his hot food and sat down. "I asked him what he wanted to do. Kid said he wanted to go to a museum."

You giggled softly. "He definitely takes after you honey."

"I know. He's expensive. Should've just asked for a birthday party."

"Stop", you playfully hit him.

"Eomma, appa.."

The two of you looked towards the doorway. Taehyung rubbed one eye while he rubbed his stomach of hunger.

"Hi baby. You hungry?"

"Bagopeun", he muttered and walked to his dad who had a full meal in front of him.

"I'll make him a plate."

"It's okay. He and I can share." Namjoon picked the boy up and sat him on his lap. Taehyung watched the food swirl around the chopsticks. His baby eyes grew with delight while his mouth began to water. "Palii", he groaned.

You and Namjoon laughed as the little boy chugged the noodles sloppily.

"I don't know how this kid can fit so much in his stomach."

Namjoon shook his head. "I don't even know."

✏️

fun fact:

the members aren't playing as kids
i just needed a name haha