🌸 20

"Eomma, don't forget Taehyung's favorite teddy. He can't sleep without it."

"Aish. I know. I know. Halmeoni's going to take good care of you, right Taehyung-ah." The old woman smiled and waved at a sleepy Kook in his stroller, while her husband played with the boys.

"How's Dria doing?"

Namjoon forced a smile and nodded. "She's doing okay. I'm going to go back to see her. She should be dilating soon."

His stepdad nodded and turned to Namjoon's wife who stared at her son. She handed the belongings to her husband and motioned him to bring the boys to the car.

"What's wrong?"

Namjoon shook his head. "I need to go back. She's probably worried."

His Mom crossed her arms and rolled her eyes. "Is she worried or are you?"

"Both Eomma."

"Why son? What's wrong?" Namjoon tried his best to ignore his mother's gaze, but she pushed up his face so he had no choice. "What's wrong Namjoon-ah?"

"The Doctors told us she has a 5% chance of surviving the birth."

A tear escaped his eye. Falling onto the floor beneath him.

"Namjoon—"

"She's going to be fine. I know she is. She's going to be okay. I know. I know."

His mom tried to keep him in place as he started to cry, uncontrollably.

"Namjoon, it's okay."

"It's not okay."

"Shh. Let's go outside."

"No. I have to see her."

"You don't want her to see you like this. Trust me."

🕘

Dria shut her eyes and let out a deep breath.

The pain was bearable, but almost to a point.

Her contractions were still far apart, but when they came, it felt like being thrown off a cliff and resuscitating back to life.

"Where is he?" She muttered, staring at the door.

The door slowly opened, revealing the man of the hour.

"Namjoon."

"Dria. Sorry, my Mom wanted to—"

Dria shushed him as he was a bit too loud for her. "Is the boys going to your Mom?"

"Yeah. They just left." Namjoon took a seat beside her bed and smiled. "We should probably video call them when they get there. Jimin's worried about you."

Dria smiled and nodded. "That kid's always worried about me."

"Yeah", Namjoon snorted, "He really is."

Dria stared at the ceiling as her smile started to fade. Namjoon noticed as well.

He grabbed her hand and kissed it.

"I know you're scared—"

"God, I'm not scared, Na—"