🌼 16 pt. 2

dria walked back inside the house after dropping the kids off. namjoon informed her on everything about to happen.

she followed her husband to the kitchen as the older couple finished setting up. dria looked at the weird objects set around the room. she almost walked into the small round table that was moved.

"so, we've just placed a digital voice recorder on the table and in each room. lunha put a night vision camera in the hallways. there's a ghost box on the counter over there." wooshik smiled and took a seat at the table. "if everyone can take a seat so i can read some rules."

everyone took a seat at the table. dria gripped on to namjoon's thigh as she got nervous.

lunha turned off the lights as her husband lit a candle, bright enough for the whole room.

wooshik smiled. "so, we're just going to do a simple thing. we're going to see if there's any spirits lingering around here. before we start, were there murders here?"

all eyes fell onto namjoon. he subtly rolled his eyes when he sensed dria giving him a 'told you so' look. "yes. there were two before we—"

"you."

"—i purchased the house."

"okay." wooshik turned to lunha and nodded.

a gesture to start.

lunha grabbed a bible from mid-reach and opened to a section already book-marked.

she recited a prayer that dria knew.

and the prayer was for evil spirits.

everything went silent after the small prayer, then wooshik grabbed a pen and paper from his pocket.

"unwanted spirit", he began, "if you are here, please come forth."

dria could even see hairs sticking up namjoon's nape. she wanted to laugh, but now wasn't the time.

"unwanted spirit, is there a reason you're here?"

everyone looked strong, but silence followed.

namjoon gave his wife a smirk. he sat up properly and sighed. "well thank you f—"

C R A S H

dria and namjoon both jumped out of fright and looked towards the sound of the crash.

it sounded like it came from the hallway. like a photo frame fell and shattered.

namjoon stood up to look, but was quickly grabbed by the young priest. "hold on." wooshik turned to lunha and she nodded.

she stood up and proceeded to leave the kitchen leaving everyone else in silence.

wooshik smiled and eyed the couple. "it's very important that you two stay here. sometimes it's not a malicious presence."

they both nodded and held each other's hands under the table.

a gush of cold air filled the space and the two looked around in fear.