🌼 16 pt. 1

dria practically ran to the door once she heard the bell ring. namjoon let out a huge sigh and began to unlock the door.

inviting someone to cleanse the house was all a big joke to him.

the thought of the supernatural being real, boggled his mind. he really thought his whole family was being ridiculous.

but he was really about to be mistaken.

two people stood in front of the doorway. the first was a man had no expression, no smile, and had a scar embedded on his cheek.

the second was a woman who had a very small smile. she looked so tired, but had no eye bags.

dria felt a rush of goosebumps when she looked at the woman. it was as if she's seen things.

namjoon smiled and did a small bow. "good evening."

"good evening."

"good evening."

dria did a polite bow as well, followed by the kids.

namjoon shook the two's hands as he formally introduced himself. i'm kim namjoon, this is my wife, dria, and our three kids."

"i'm choi wooshik and this is my wife, choi lunha. we were called about a house cleanse."

"oh yeah yeah. come in."

dria held on to her husband, tugging his shirt to make him look at her as the couple in front of them set their shoes aside. "ask them if they want water."

"no water. thank you." the man nodded as he surprisingly replied back to dria.

she smiled and nodded back.

"so, i guess it'll be easier if we talked in english so the both of you could understand?"

the younger couple nodded.

"okay, great. so if you can tell us why you wanted your house to be cleanse, that way we can get some—"

a loud sound from the kitchen made everyone turn back.

wooshik and lunha gave each other a look, but namjoon subtly rolled his eyes. "sorry, it's just the heater. we've been having a problem lately. we turn it on, but cold air comes out anyways. i told them to fix it." he muttered the last words to dria.

lunha on the other hand, pointed to the space across from them. "do you mind if i take a look?"

"no of course not—", dria began.

"but you won't find anything there", namjoon ended.

lunha smiled and nodded before walking off, while everyone followed behind.

for the first time, dria saw the man in the suit smile. he looked like he was in deep thought. he turned to namjoon and tilted his head. "so i'm guessing you don't believe in the supernatural?"

dria rolled her eyes indicating the man was right and namjoon shrugged. "i don't believe in anything that can be explained and backed up by science."

the man nodded and turned back around. "interesting." dria heard him whisper.

"wow, it's really cold in here." the older woman looked around the kitchen for the cause of the air. she turned to her husband and gave him a look that only he understood.

wooshik turned around. again no expression. "can we check everywhere else?"

"yes. of course."

wooshik and lunha set a bag they had carried on top of the table. the younger couple didn't even notice they were carrying a bag until then. it wasn't huge, but it wasn't small either. the briefcase was black and had a huge cross on it, sending shivers down dria's spine.

the three kids, who were awfully quiet, ran to the bag like it had toys inside.

"don't touch it." namjoon exclaimed.

but lunha smiled and grabbed something, dria didn't know the word for it. she pointed it to the boys and asked them if they've ever seen anything like this before.

jimin was the only one to answer since his english was better than his brothers. so he translated and they shook their head.

"this is so we can see hear people."

"can you hear me?" taehyung pushed his mouth to the tool and said something. causing the woman to laugh.

"when we turn it on, yes."

while lunha entertained the children, wooshik walked to the married couple and nodded. "my wife isn't so sure, but—she feels as though she can sense something around here. could be minor, could be big. you might want to bring the kids somewhere, like a neighbor's before we get started. would you like to continue?"

dria and namjoon looked at each other.

her hand shook a little, but she nodded and namjoon did too.

"yes. of course."

"i'll bring them to hana's. i'll be right back."

dria walked to the boys and told them they'd be staying with their neighbor's for a while.

luckily, they had made friends with the neighbors that were ten minutes down the road, because if not, the kids would probably see something they shouldn't.

✏️