10

New Years Eve

The week went by so quick, not realizing it was December 31, New Years. Every year, Abby and I would pull an all nighter, talking about what to do in the new year, eating snacks-I even have to hear Abby whine about not having a New Year's kiss. 

Once again, the boys and I are hosting a party only this time, Jack's family, Christina, and Abby will be there with us.

*

I watch Abby and Isla play near the pool, while everyone else seems so be bored. "Hey, why don't we all play a game?" I suggest. We all sit in a circle, waiting for Jack's parents to leave for a dinner date they have planned so we can play Truth or Dare.

"I'll start" Jonah says. "Charlotte...Truth or Dare"  I obviously pick truth, dares could end up worse than truths. "Expose your saved videos and photos from your Instagram" I did as he said, revealing mostly Harry Potter videos.

Continuing the game, it was my turn. "Jack, Truth or Dare" I ask. "Gimme a dare" he smirks. I look outside seeing Isla and Abby run around. I stare at Jack smirking myself. "I dare you to jump in the pool"

Jack sighs, and gets up while we all follow him. Abby and Isla stare in confusion. "What's going on?" Abby asks. "You'll see" I smile.

Jack quickly runs up to the edge of the pool, jumping and sinking to the bottom, then floating back up, shaking his head to let water from is hair make everyone wet.  

We all laugh. I walk up to Jack with a towel. "Is it cold?" "Why don't you see for yourself" He pulls me into the pool, leaving me hear the laughs from everyone's mouth. I decide to sink to the bottom, pretending I have drowned, although I can only stay down for 3 minutes, for that's how long I can keep my breath held. Crazy, I know. 

Jack's Pov

"Jack, Truth or Dare" Charlotte asks startling me as I daydreamed. "Gimme a dare" I say not thinking about my choice. She stares at me with a smirk. "I dare you to jump in the pool"

Realizing how cold it is outside, I get up, walk outside far away from the pool so I can jump in. As everybody watches, I jump once reaching the edge, sinking to the bottom, and coming back up, shaking my hair which makes everyone wet. 

Charlotte comes up to me with a towel. "Is it cold?" "Why don't you see for yourself" I pull her into the pool, paying her back for making me freeze. 

About thirty seconds going by, she hasn't come up. I start to worry, so does Abby. I swim to the bottom, seeing Charlotte eyes closed on the bottom of the pool. She the opens them, giving me a fright.  I take her hand, moving her closer to myself, then swimming back up with her on my shoulders, letting everyone see she is ok.

"WATCH OUT" Zach screams, jumping into the pool. "AHH IT'S FREEZING!" I laugh while putting Charlotte down.

*

Charlotte's Pov

It is now 2 am. For the first time in a while, Abby didn't pull the all nighter, she fell asleep with Isla on Jack's bed. As of right now, I'm pretty sure nobody but me is awake. Trying to sleep, I put on Boomerang, though tonight the music didn't help. 

I turn the music off, hearing someone move. Crap. I've woken someone. Corbyn walks in and opens the fridge for something to drink, then walks over to me to sit. 

"Can't sleep either?" he asks which startles me a little. "Yeah" The room is filled with silence. "Did you get your telescope set up?" "Yea it's outside" I get up to grab my coat, then walk outside to find Corbyn's telescope.

Following me outside, Corbyn looks into the telescope. "Hey I found a star" he says pointing towards the sky. "Lemme see" I look into the telescope, seeing something. Not a star, but a planet. 

"Corbyn that isn't a star" I explain, "It's Venus" 

I look away from the telescope so he can look again. "Are you sure?" he asks. "I went to astronomy camp for five years, I think I'm sure"

"No way, you went to astronomy camp?! That's so cool!" "Yea, I've always wanted to go to space, and one day I will go" I stare at sky, thinking about being in space. Like I said to Corbyn, I know that one day, I will get the greatest opportunity to take a trip to space. 

(A/N - I suck at doing Author notes lol) *sorry for any incorrect spelling*