16

"Charlotte!" David says walking towards all of us. "You'll do great! I know it.. Eben feels bad he can't perform nor see you perform" Charlotte nods her head as the microphone in her hand shakes. I walk towards her while David walks on stage.

"What song are you going to sing?" I ask being my curious self. "Nothing Without Love by Nate Ruess"

"Hey everyone!" We all hear David say. The limelights screams their heads off. "Alright everyone listen up. Unfortunately Eben is sick tonight and cannot perform" The crowd starts to get quiet but still talk. "But don't worry, we have someone to sing for him tonight. You all know Charlotte Parker?"

The crowd gets really loud. You can tell they were excited to hear Charlotte sing live for the first time. David walks off stage giving Charlotte a pat on the back. Charlotte slowly walks on stage as all of us watch her.

Charlotte's Pov

I stand on the side of the stage, shaking to death. I don't know if I could do this. Once David walked off, I slowly walked on, seeing and hearing all the fans cheering for me. My hands were shaking, but I don't think people noticed.

"H-hi everyone" I nervously say with a smirk. Many of the fans screamed their heads off while others started to record me.

"This is my first performance-and I'm a little nervous" I say as fans get quiet. I look to the side of the stage, nodding my head at David to start the music.

I am nothing without l-love

I-I'm but a ship stuck in the s-sand

My stuttering was noticeable to people It made my heart beat faster than a racecar.

Some would say that I'm a-all alone

But I am n-nothing without love

I stopped for a few seconds to take in everything that was going through my body right now. I just wanted to run off stage, but I didn't want to make a fool out of myself. I started to breathe heavily, and some did realize it. The thing that made mr most embarrassed was that people were recording.

I wanna hold her in my arms

I look to the side of the stage, seeing Jack with a microphone. I expected someone to scream, but nothing.

She feeling low she feeling sad

I would take credit for what's wrong

But I am nothing without love

I felt better now that someone was singing with me, so I continued, not keeping my eyes off of Jack.

Oh baby show me a sign

Send up a signal, that everything's fine

Come on slide up right here by my side

You know that I want to rest in your-

Jack walked towards me as we started to sing the chorus together. He kept walking til he was right by my side, putting his arm around my waist.

I am nothing without love

I'm just these thoughts without a pen

And I would take credit for this song

But I am nothing without love

All of a sudden, all the boys rushed over to me and sang..

Cause I am, I'm nothing without love