15.

Sebastian was a morning person.

He wished he wasn't.

He laid awake in bed listening to the wall-shaking snores coming from the other boy in the room. Once the sound became too much for him, he snatched up a pillow and chucked it at Ajax. The boy simply grumbled something and rolled over in his bed. He hadn't stopped snoring, but at least they were now muffled by the sheets he slept on top of.

After peeling away the blue comforter, Sebastian climbed out of bed and walked over to a wooden dresser tucked away in the corner of the room. He found a bath towel and grabbed it. Since he couldn't go back to sleep and morning was quickly approaching, he figured he'd get himself cleaned up.

Rubbing his tired eyes, he exited the room, not even bothering to be quiet. Ajax could've slept through a nuclear explosion.

While walking down the corridor in search of a bathroom, he caught a whiff of his own body odor. He gagged and his eyes watered. Gods almighty. He was in desperate need of a bath and some new clothes. The ones he currently had on needed to be incinerated.

As much as he liked cold showers, they probably wouldn't get rid of the sand and grime stuck to his pale skin. No, only warm water and bubbles would do the trick.

He continued down the corridor in search of a bathhouse. Considering House Aegeon was full of water elementalists, there had to be someplace in the palace where he could take a bath.

As he walked, the white floor tiles with speckles of jade stone caught the morning light pouring in through the blue-stained glass panes to his right. Glancing out the long window, he saw the ocean and other, smaller islands dotting the pristine water. Tall trees rose from the earth like magnificent titans, their leafy canopies protecting the creatures and land beneath them.

The southern portion of the palace ended in a steep cliff of limestone and basalt. If he tried hard enough, he could hear the sound of the waves crashing against the rocks. Outside, the sun was beginning to lift over the horizon, its yellow light pouring across the land. Soon, the people of Thania would be rising out of their beds and assuming their daily tasks.

Sebastian envied them. Their lives were simple and mundane. The city they lived in was tranquil and possessed a strong community from what he had heard.

He wished he could've traded places with one of them.

Sighing, he ran his hands through his shaggy hair. Not only did he need a bath, but he needed a haircut as well.

At the end of the hall, he spotted a servant in a white dress walking towards him. His eyes lit up and he sped up towards her.

"May I help you?" she asked politely. She wrinkled her nose at him upon seeing his appearance.

"Yes, you can," he said. "There's gotta be a bathhouse somewhere around here. Mind telling me where I can find it?"

"Oh, you're one of the visitors who came in last night." The girl turned her face away from him. "And, yeah, you definitely need to take a trip to the baths."

He scowled. "Gee, thanks."

She giggled and pointed behind her. "Keep walking and the entrance to it will be on the right. It's pretty earlier so you should have it all to yourself."

Sebastian thanked her before hurrying off to where her directions indicated. A large archway had been built into the wall. Blue curtains covered the opening. He smiled as he inhaled the scent of soap from inside. Without another thought, he pushed through the drapes and walked inside.