Chapter One

Jungkook's Pov

     It was time to go back to school. Back to the hell hole where I was bullied. Back to the place that would supposedly prepare me for the future.

     How could such a place prepare me for the future if it made me completely miserable?

     I had three reasons why I went to school and didn't take cyber school.

     One, I had a friend named Park Jimin.

     Two, I loved my teachers.

     Three, my mom wouldn't let me.

     Yeah, three reasons. Only three reasons to wake up at 4:30 in the morning to prepare for hours of complete and utter hell.

     My mom had no clue that I was bullied, and I needed to keep it that way. Why? Well, the last time I told someone that I was bullied, I was beaten so bad that I nearly died. I actually would've died if it weren't for a boy around my age who saved me.

     I don't know who he is, I don't know his name, and I don't even know where to find him, but nevertheless, I'm thankful to him.

     The truth is, I don't even know what my mom would do with out me. She's incredibly sick from some terrible disease she got when I was in 9th grade, and now it's even worse.

     She refused to take money from my college savings and she wouldn't even tell me what disease she had. She had told me the day before that she would be hospitalized. I thought that her sickness wasn't that serious, but apparently it was.

     Well, I had to go to school so I could graduate and get a great scholarship. I'd use the money in my college savings to then pay for the medical bills instead. Then, I'd get a great job and be able to take care of my mom.

     You'll notice that I won't mention my dad in any of this, and that's because I don't have one. He died to me when he walked out on my family upon finding out about Mom's illness. And that's all I have to say about him.

     I began walking to school, my huge backpack completely dwarfing me. I didn't really find it heavy but that was because I was muscular. Most of the kids at my school didn't notice because I always wore loose white t-shirts and black jeans. It didn't really matter what I looked like. I was bullied either way.

     "Look! That nerd is back!" I heard a girl say loudly to her friends. She didn't even lower her voice.

     "I told you guys he'd be early!" One of her friends exclaimed in the same tone.

     "Yeah, he probably wants to befriend the teachers so he can get more homework!" A guy shouted.

     I lowered my head in embarrassment. The whole cycle would start again. I heard loud foot steps, and felt a heavy arm drape around my shoulders.

     Oh great. Someone was going to put me in a headlock.

     I flinched and waited for the tight restriction to come, but it didn't. I waited a couple more seconds and it still didn't come. I glanced up cautiously, and there he was.

     He had a goofy boxy smile that spread across his face. He had an incredibly handsome face that was lit up with joy. The girls would immediately group him in with the popular people. He looked so friendly! Well that's gonna change! He'll just ditch me when he finds out that I'm the nerd.

     "Can you show me around? I'm new here. My name's Kim Taehyung." He introduced himself.

     "Uh, hi. I'm Jeon Jungkook. Nice to meet you." I managed to say without stuttering. I, and everyone else around me, marveled at the situation. The new guy, no, the hot, handsome, beautiful new guy approached me. Me of all people!

     "Thank you! Do you wanna be friends? You seem pretty nice!"

     I almost died. I. Had. A. New. Friend. I had a new friend! Jimin would be so happy for me! I finally had a friend!

     "Sure! You seem really nice too! Let me see your schedule so we can compare. Then I'll know if we can walk to our classes together!" I exclaimed, the people around us still staring at what was happening.

     "Taehyung oppa!" A girl who overheard our conversation squealed, latching onto his arm like an oversized leech. "I can show you around! You don't want that nerd to be your friend!" She literally pressed her chest against him in hopes of turning him on.

     "I think I can choose my friends." He took my hand and dragged me away, leaving everyone including me speechless.

     "Thanks for standing up for me." I murmured thankfully.

     We walked to the building slowly while comparing schedules, learning that we had all of the same classes. Jimin and I only had physical education together, along with his boyfriend, Yoongi.

     Yoongi was pretty nice to me, unlike the others, but he was a no nonsense sort of guy. I'm very thankful for him because he got Jimin to overcome his eating disorder. Of course, Jimin helped him too, by helping Yoongi through his depression.

     They were both stable, finally.

     We approached out first class, still hand in hand.

     "Oh look! Jungkook has a new boyfriend!" Jackson announced loudly, glancing at our intertwined fingers.

     Jackson was one of those people who was friends with everyone, including me. I wasn't very close to him, though and we didn't talk much over the summer.

     His best friends Jinyoung and Mark also looked over at us. They both were nice to me too. Well, not really nice, but they didn't hate me.

     "Uh, we aren't dating." I stammered, breaking the physical contact with Taehyung.

     "We're just friends, and I'm new, so he's showing me around. I'm Taehyung by the way." Taehyung added, smiling his wonderful boxy smile once more.

     "Nice to meet you. I'm Jackson, this is Jinyoung and Mark." The outspoken Jackson enthusiastically waved while introducing his friends.

     They walked away, Mark slightly pouting from being introduced after Jinyoung.

     "What's this I hear? Little broken Kookie befriended the new guy? Not today." A raspy voice I knew too well said from behind Taehyung and I.

     It was Ji-yong. Also known as G-Dragon. Yeah, he's the bad boy of the school. And with the bad boy title, he also has the title of 'baddest bully'. Also known as my bully.

A/N: I hope you enjoyed the first chapter of 'That Nerd'. Peace! - Bella