Chapter Five

Jungkook's Pov

     "I don't see any reason why he can't move in with you as long as he isn't a burden in any way." Mom smiled, patting Jin on the cheek fondly. "But I want the whole gang to meet me soon, alright?"

     Jin sheepishly smiled, glancing at me for a split second before returning his attention to her.

     If only she knew the truth. If only she knew she'd  just given permission to her son to go and actually join a gang. She'd NEVER allow me to join!

     I grinned along with the others, hugging her tightly.

     "Thanks, Mom!" I cried, despite the others' eyes on me. "I love you!"

     My mom patted my back, squeezing me tightly in her embrace.

     "I love you too, alright? Don't grow up too fast!" She joked before entering a new coughing fit. This one sounded worse than the others and so we had to bid her goodbye and let her rest.

     I waved to her sadly before gently closing the door. It closed with a small click, making my heart sink. She really was getting worse, wasn't she? She might not even make it to my next birthday.

     What if she was stuck in the hospital the day I became an adult? What if she didn't even make it that long?!

     I was numb as I walked with Jin, Jimin and Tae to Jin's car. What if she didn't even make it for another month? How could I live without her? There I was, moving out already just as death approached her. That was so selfish of me!

     "Cheer up. She isn't on her death bed yet." Jimin slung his arm across my shoulders lazily. "She isn't leaving us just yet. She won't. And you know why?"

     I just ignored him, trying to keep the tears from rolling down my cheeks.

     "Because I'm paying for her treatment. That is only a fraction of the debt I owe both of you. You both accepted me, treated me like family. I am like her second son, you're like my brother. I'll ensure that only the best of the best see her. She's being transferred to a better hospital tomorrow. Now don't you dare get your tears on this shirt. Yoongi gave it to me." He ended with a small smile.

     I grinned at him, wiping the tears from my eyes.

     "Thank you, hyung."

     I got into the backseat with Tae while Jimin called shot gun. I grinned to myself. She would be okay.

     With that, peace overtook me. I closed my eyes and fell asleep, assured that I would have more precious time to spend with my mom.

Tae's Pov

     I saw Kookie fall asleep with an adorable, genuine smile of relief on his face. He must've been exhausted after that trip to the hospital. It was quite long, and he was under the constant stress of wanting his mom to be alright. He looked so cute. He looked like a small child compared to the rest of us.

     I learned that Jimin started kindergarten late and Kookie started a year early, which explained why he was two years older than Kookie. So he was really the maknae of the gang. What I found interesting was that Kookie was two and a half centimeters taller than Jimin. What a tall kid.

     I kept glancing over to where he slept, constantly lighting up when I saw his little smile.

     "Is he asleep back there?" Jin asked, clearly amused at the situation. "Jeez, he's like a kid!"

     "I know right? I mean, he is the youngest here. Technically, he's still a kid."

     "Well, he sure acts like one! He's so clingy with his mom! It's adorable." Jin-hyung exclaimed.

     I nodded and laughed along with him in agreement. It was as if he and I had been friends for forever. Still, I felt that I clicked better with Kookie. I glanced over at him again, to find him fidgeting and wriggling in his seat, clearly uncomfortable.

     I froze as he gently laid his head in my lap, nuzzling and snuggling into my thighs a bit. Blushing a bit, I tried to nudge him over. It didn't work.

     "Aww!" It was Jimin's turn to coo at Kookie's cuteness.

     "See what I mean by clingy?" Jin laughed, referring to his statement earlier.

     Gradually, I got used to the awkward and weird feeling, and soon, I began to feel quite tired as well. I guess the long hospital trip took a toll on me too, not just him.

     The last thing I heard was Jimin and Jin laughing at us. However, I was simply too tired to care.

     Snuggling into Kookie's muscular back, I fell asleep with him.

*an hour later*

     "Taehyung! Wake up! Jungkook, you wake up too! We're here!" A voice hissed.

     "Wait, I gotta get a picture of this! This is absolutely adorable!" A male voice that sounded suspiciously like Jin's exclaimed.

Third Person Pov

     Despite all of the commotion, neither boy stirred or made an attempt to wake up and open their eyes.

     "Jin hyung, let me teach you a trick. Take a pic the second they wake up. It'll be super cute cause they'll be sleepy and confused." Jimin smirked as Jin nodded.

     There was a peaceful moment of silence before. . .

     "WAKE UP! WAKE UP! FIRE! FIRE!"

     Jin took a picture hurriedly as he thought that the loud shout would wake the two sleeping boys up.

     Surprisingly, both boys were still asleep. Like dead asleep.

     "Jimin, it didn't work!" Jin exclaimed, slapping him on the shoulder.

     "At least you got a cute picture." Jimin shrugged.

     "Try it again." Jin urged, nudging Jimin.

     Jimin nodded before yelling even louder than before.

     "JUNGKOOK! TAEHYUNG! THERE'S A FIRE! WAKE UP! FIRE!"

     Still, the boys didn't wake.

     Alarmed, Yoongi, Hoseok, and Namjoon raced out of the house to see nothing in flames.

     "Jimin? What are you talking about?" Yoongi asked before seeing the two boys who were dead asleep.

     "Ah," Namjoon understood. "You're trying to wake them up?"

     He ran into the open garage, grabbed a huge ceramic pot and ran back.

     He smashed it on the cement of the driveway and made a huge crashing sound that scared the birds on the street next to them.

     Still, the boys didn't budge. . . but Jin certainly did.

     "Did you just smash a pot on my driveway?" He asked, scaring all of them with his dangerous sounding tone.

     For once, Namjoon looked scared.

     And he ran for it.