Chapter Four

Jungkook's Pov

     I couldn't believe it. The first day of my senior year I gained five new friends. Before, I had only one loyal, amazing friend, but now I had six.

     That very afternoon, Jimin, Tae and I all moved into the gang house.

     I wanted to just save money because that medicine my mom was receiving was not cheap. She had to move into the hospital tomorrow, so I could just live in the gang house and save money on rent. The house was pretty close to school anyway, and Jin, the only one besides RM and Suga who had a car, could drive me to school along with Jimin and Tae. A win-win situation.

     Jimin lived alone. His parents supplied him with a monthly allowance of money to spend. One part of it was for the bills and necessities and the other was for his choice. He sometimes gave a bit of his massive choice allowance to me to help pay for all of the medical bills.

     Tae also didn't live with his parents. He was still just trying out the apartment complex, so he wasn't even paying for it yet. All of his stuff was mostly still in boxes, so moving again wasn't that hard for him.

     I, however, had to explain the whole ordeal to my mom.

     "Do you want me to go with you to the hospital to help explain it to her?" Tae asked, being the good friend he was.

     "I'll come too! I haven't seen Mrs. Jeon in ages!" Jimin jumped in.

     Since he moved out of his own home at such a young age, my mother felt that he was missing guidance, so she took him under her wing. He was like her second son.

     "Great!" I exclaimed, extremely thankful to them for volunteering to come with me.

     After all of my stuff was in boxes as well, we went to the hospital. Jin drove us in his car. He said that he'd like to meet my mother as well. I couldn't exactly disagree because he would be the one who would take care of me.

     When we arrived at the hospital, I got out of the car. My hands shook a bit in anticipation. I hadn't seen my mom since the day before yesterday. She was probably hooked up to countless machines.

     As I walked, I thought about all of the things that could go wrong.

     She might want me to stay in our apartment complex. She might be a bit sceptical about me suddenly making five new friends on the very first day of school. She might want me to live with my grandma who lived not too far away.

     At least Jin was there. He was already out of High school. He was the one paying for the house along with Namjoon. He was also the cook.

     We made it inside the building before stopping at the front desk.

     "Hello, I am Jeon Jungkook. I'd like to see my mother, Mrs. Jeon. Could you please give me the room number of the room she's staying in, please?" I asked politely.

     The front desk lady gave me a kind smile, "Of course. She is in room. . . 308. It'll be to your left. Good luck!"

     I thanked her along with Jin, Jimin and Tae.

     With that, we headed down the left hallway. My brain was just all over the place. To distract myself, I tried to pay attention to the hospital. I tried to see what sort of quality it was just by looking at the pictures on the walls.

     There were so many. There were before and after pictures of people who had battled through their sicknesses. It all look pretty good. Good enough for my mom.

     The walls were a bright white color with pale blue accents. It made it seem like a hotel for sick people, not a hospital. It almost made it seem like the place was actually a good place. Not the sort of place that people might die at. Definitely not the place that my mom would die at.

     It sort of made me hopeful. Those bright colors made me feel like my mom would be in good hands. That she would be fine in a year. Maybe less.

     Tae tapped me on the shoulder when we arrived at room 308. I gave him a small, hopeful smile before opening the door.

     "Mom?" I asked timidly, poking my head in. "Can I come in? I brought my new friends! They want to meet you."

     I saw my mom's weak yet bright smile and knew that this would be the hospital that made her get better.

     "Hi, honey. Of course you can come in. Bring in your new friends." She beckoned me.

     I grinned back and fully opened the door, allowing my friends to see my mom.

     Jimin rushed in to hug my mom tightly.

     "Mrs. Jeon! I haven't seen you in so long! It's so great to see you!" He exclaimed, grinning widely at her.

     My mom laughed, "Jimin! You always make time for me! I saw you just two days ago!"

     I couldn't even believe that my bubbly, perfect, energetic mom was sick. I couldn't believe it! She was so. . . happy!

     "Hello, Mrs. Jeon. I'm Kim Taehyung, Jungkook's new friend! It's lovely to meet you." Tae introduced himself, managing to produce a smile brighter than Jimin's. That was seriously a talent.

     "Taehyung, honey. No need to be so formal! It's very nice to meet you too." My mom greeted him, pulling him into a tight hug.

     When she released him, she welcomed Jin over.

     "Now, who are you? Another friend of Jungkook's?" She beamed at him.

     "Yes, mam. It's a pleasure to meet you!" He hugged her, making sure he didn't touch any of the tubes that were connected to her.

     While they acquainted themselves, I looked around the tiny hospital room she was staying in.

     It was the same vibrant colors of the halls, but instead of blue accents, there were mint green ones. It gave of vibes full of hope and peace.

     There were two white chairs in one corner and a big machine was placed right by her bed. So many wires and tubes were stuck to her, I couldn't wrap my mind over the fact that she'd managed to hug my friends without disconnecting at least one of them.

     After an hour of idle chit chat, I decided that it was time to bring up the topic of moving.

     "Mom, how long do you think you'll stay here?" I asked, a curious look on my face.

     "I hope that it's just one day, but the doctors say that I have to stay here for at least a year. Maybe two." She responded, my hopes falling. "I'm sorry, honey. I can't guarantee anything."

     "It's okay, Mom. Don't feel bad, just focus on getting better." I gave her a small smile.

     "I think I might have to send you to live with your grandma. You're too young to stay by yourself for that long." She sighed.

     "Mrs. Jeon, I think this is where I come in. I'm already an adult, and I have a house that I'm currently sharing with three other guys. They're just a little older than Jungkook here. We're all great friends. I've invited Jimin, Taehyung and Jungkook yo move in as well. They all just joined our group called Bangtan Sonyeondan. Jimin and Taehyung are already moving in, it would be great if Jungkook could too. I'm paying for the house and everything, so you don't need to worry about that. I cook everyday, so you don't need to worry about food either. The group members will take care of him. So, what do you say?"

     My mom thought for a bit before finally giving us an answer.

A/N: Lol, cliffhanger~ Stay tuned, Peace! - Bella