Chapter 3 "Lean and Thin Girl"

Y/n's POV

I opened my closet warily because I already knew I had nothing "proper" enough to wear in a board meeting. Inside my closet was a jungle of dark hoodies, dark jeans and dark t-shirts. My overalls. It was almost always pretty chilly in y/c (I'm sorry if it's rather pretty warm climate in your country😅) so wearing hoodies everyday has become a habit of mine. As I never go to any parties or anything "special" I never needed to get "those" type of clothes. Until now....I sighed.

I pulled out one of my grey hoodies, a black pant and a beenie. I brushed my hair hastily and somehow made a bun again pulling my beenie over my head to cover my hair. I found my Adidas originals bag and put my purse and some other things inside my bag. Last but  not the least, I checked whether I had my "exiler for life". This is basically a book. A smile bundle of pages. But all these contain such thoughts, these pages contain such meanings, as deep as the ocean, as high as the sky. I have always believed that "books are portable magic" and everywhere, from when I remember, I carry a book with me, even I'm the washroom. These countless number of books....these are like drugs to me. 

I walk out of the room and saw the slick, black limousine parked outside my house. I stepped into it, thank god in was a Sunday and everyone was sleeping because even in a "dead" neighbourhood like mine, a limousine can cause chaos. I closed the door and found a middle aged chauffeur gazing at me from the looking glass. He gave a tight lipped smile and said, "Welcome aboard".

Chauffeur's POV

When the lean and pale (sorry if it doesn't match our skin colour!) little girl all in grey and black entered the car, I couldn't help but gaze at her tentively. "This was my new boss? This pale little girl?" But I found out something from her cool,  understanding, y/e/c eyes. That this isn't an average teenage child. Something in those eyes showed me a long painful past, suppressed feelings and something like a caged bird. When I said, "Welcome aboard" I didn't only mean on this car for the journey but for all the toils and troubles she has to go through all her "Hollywood life". I have worked long enough to witness what this kind of life can be. 

The girl nodded understandingly, like she understood what I meant. Most newbies don't, even people thrice her age. I understood that she might look like a lean and thin creature but she has a brain of a genius. I smiled because I could see an exciting journey ahead of me. For both of us.