Chapter 12 "Rush"

Y/n's POV

Just as I was about to get down from the limo Infront of my house, I got a call. I didn't even bother to check who was calling me because I just wanted to rest for a while. So I turned it to "mute" and walked outside of the car. I couldn't even get to the
door even before Mr Dave came running to my side and told me, "Mr Tailor wants to talk to you."and handed over his phone to me. I sighed, this man knows how to get his way. I took the phone and that Tailor man in his fake sugary voice said, "Hello again, Miss y/l/n. I'll get straight to the point. The thing is, your flight to Anlanta has been cancelled due to unavoidable circumstances. But there's a flight to Atlanta today in the evening. I know it is going to be quite some rush but there's no flight to Atlanta in 2 weeks and we can't wait that long. Also, please bring Mr Miller with you. We are truly sorry for the inconvenience." He cut the call. I cursed under my breathe and looked at Me Dave who was giving me the "Sad Life" look to me. I sighed and told him, "I'll be back in 15".
I walked inside my house and found my suitcase, stuffed some of my clothes, necessary things and my books. Everything at my house is always at place so it didn't take me more than 10 minutes to pack everything. Then I sat on my desk top and wrote an email to my father and I was off, my sneakers squeaking on the floor board as I walk outside of my house for the last time in a year. The house which I didn't leave for quite some 4 years. I was already feeling home sick as I got inside the limo. One thing I loved as much my books was my house. It was my protective shell. It kept me safe from the scary and bright world. It is always cold and dark inside my house and that's exactly how I like it, I felt safest in my clsmmy old house. Now I'm moving to this weird place about which with all shiney and glamour. And also the person I hate the most in the world is going to be there.

We reached Miller's hotel pretty quickly and I told him to come down quickly and as expected he was late. I disliked unpunctual people. As it seemed, Miller and I won't ever get along because he had everything that I hated about a person. And i thought this hatred was mutual, and that's totally fine with me. I wouldn't befriend a squeaky little aristocrat like Miller.

We sat in silence in the limo until that bimboo asked, "So will anyone tell me whats up?" I silently mouthed "Sky" but Miller suddenly acquired infra hearing power and said, almost angrily like a small kid,"What's your problem, y/n? Why do you always talk like that? Do you find it somehow cool to talk rudely? Let me tell you, it isn't. And I wasn't even talking to you, hell if i asked you." I wasn't shocked that he snapped at me, most people do. But it was how easily he did, he hadn't even stayed with me for a day. It's going to be a lot harder for him than me, I thouhgt, for being such a loser, intolerant child. I looked straight at his eyes, for the first time and I was kind of shocked with the greenery of it, I have read it books about cat green eyes are beguiling but this was the first time I was actually gazed at such an eye. It was...alluringly virescent. I snapped from my "green fantasy" and said, "Ah well...should I be sorry then?"

He did not answer me and just looked away. I just sighed and looked outside. He was just another kid who got annoyed of me......not like it matters or not I even give a frickin shit. It was almost amusing, he has to stick to me even though he hates me for like....almost  a year? Suddenly I realised that I'm also going to have to stay with these weird hating aliens for almost a year.....away from my home, my protecting comforting shell. For a minute I felt at lost. But then I looked outside and saw the pitiful cold sun set at the horizon of this silent nonchalant city.  The dying deceased sun's red rays hit my eyes for a piercing painful second. And that made me realise......it was time. It was time I get out of this never ending  cycle of regret and frailty. My time for recovery has ended....the protective shell hiding me from the dangerous world had broken atleast. It has set me free.....it was time to face the world. But for a split of a second, I doubted whether I was broken beyond repair......maybe I'm forever sensitive of the piercing cold and boiling warmth.....maybe I'm forever supposed to be stuck in a endless cycle of sadness......

I would have changed my mind at thang moment....to return back to my shell. I knew if I get out once, I can't return. I knew, it was now or never. I was about to say Mr Dave to drive me back to my house. I was feeling very cold and frightened. I felt dizzy and just plain paranoid. I felt like crying.....I felt like shouting. I felt like fleeing.....I felt like fleeing from the shitty wolf once in for all. But just then, a warm and protecting arm suddenly descended upon my frail shoulder. 

Miller's face was a few inches away from me. He had both of his arm holding my shoulder. He looked at me worried look....kind of scared too. His cat like green eyes looked dazzling in the dying sun. I was loss of words for a second.....no one came this close to me for....how many years? I was flustered and.....and scared. I panicked.....I wasn't accustomed with people touching me. But then Miller said with his smooth silky Australian accent, "Are you okay, y/n? You are shaking like hell......" I did t even realise I was shaking......maybe the thought of losing my home sweet home triggered some stupid spasm in my body. I was still really....comfortable and scared, I started to blabber, "I-I'm fine....i-i feel c-cold...." He just stared at me. Then took off his jacket and handed it over to me. He moved away, and said, "Could have just asked for it.....I'm actually feeling pretty hot haha.." I didn't say anything. I just slipped it his jacket which was warm like him and.....had a sweet refreshing smell, like the smell of summer and happiness. I would have said thanks, but I was too tongue tied to say anything.....I just closed my eyes and breathed deeply. "This won't be that bad" I kept on chanting until I fell asleep......