Chapter 7 "Around the Table"

Y/n's POV
Someday soon, I'm going to snap at Miller. The first time was an accident but again?? The hell!! I'll kick him the next time he touches me. I'm not a very violent person but I can change with the circumstances if needed hmp. Okay, I need to calm down. Deep breaths. I'm almost always cool and nonchalant, but at times like this, at times of human contact, I loose my cool hard.
Mr Tailor lead us into a elevator. All of us stood in silence, which was well appreciated me. But that stupid old man kept in trying to make small talk. Miller didn't seem to be in a mood to talk and I'm never in a mood to talk so soon there was silence again in the elevator.
Ting!
We have reached the 60th floor. Mr Tailor walks out if the elevator and dramatically shoots his hand in both side saying, "Here we are, kids!! Aren't you excited, Miss y/l/n ? This is your first ever board meeting and let me assure you this is going to change your life!" I casually shrugged and this disappointed Ramei a lot, I could tell that by the look he shot me seeing my unenthusiastic reply. We entered the room which was the most official place I have ever been. With a table made of ebony in the middle, a projector in all the sides of the room and laptops and other controller type of stuffs where all around the room. And sitter everywhere men and women in suits. I gulped, not really looking up because suits are pretty troublesome. Everyone stood up as we entered, so suits even introduced themselves with fake smiles and handshakes. Miller seemed to know most of them and they were patting him on the shoulder, hugging him and all. I just moved away, scared someone will try the same things with me.
I sat at the very end of the table and but Ramei followed me there too and whispered something to my ear which kinda churned my stomach.

One of the Suit's POV
The girl was a little creature. So small frail and....plain. I was expecting such a child. She didn't look like she even hit puberty! A small kid! I really don't get how we are going to work with this child, or how is she gonna make this huge project a success. I almost snort imagining her as the author of such an intense book, let alone the director of a Netflix!
But as the meeting progressed, I must admit I was amazed. She seemed calm and calculated with all those scary questions about budget. Then when Mr. Paolo, the head of this "farce" started to talk, she didn't get fizzled up which most of us still get. The important talk started. The roles. Mr Paolo said he had already chosen the cast for the movie. I was waiting for the kid to give some reaction but she just shrugged. Trust me, half of her sentences are shrugs. When he showed her the list of names, it was an presentation, she silently watched it until the character "Newt" came. She suddenly stood up and gazed at the screen. Everyone looked at her and she then said, "We can't have Wolfhard in the cast!"
I had a million questions in my head like why not, do they know each other from before, were they dating (impossible), were they friends(impossible again) and loads of other questions. Mr. Paolo, bless him, asked the question of all questions, "Why not?" He said with a sky smile. The girl gulped, for the first time losing her cool and took only a fraction of second before saying, "I heard he is in the cast of Stranger Things Season 3. He can't do both of them together can he? As I see they are both in the due date." "Stupid girl" I thought. Did she thought we didn't know about that? This is the final twist of this farce, both the projects are going to go by together in the same set. Finn is going to act on both of them side by side and this is going to be easier for him as they both are in the same location.
Mr Paolo explained the same things to the girl bit she looked still a bit of defiant. At the end though, Mr Paolo asked if there were any personal reasons and the girl quickly shook her head, a little to excitable, and sat down. Mr Paolo smiled and continued the presentation.