Chapter 3

After I left the bathroom, I found Julian just sitting on the couch with the home phone in his hand.

"Hey, have you eaten dinner yet?" He asked.

"Um, no," I replied.

"Well, I was gonna order pizza, if you want some. Or I could order Chinese or whatever you want," he added.

"Pizza's fine," I said with a soft smile. Julian nodded and put in the order. After he finished he looked up at me.

"Well, are you gonna sit down?" He asked with a gentle grin.

"Maybe," I said with a laugh, seating myself on the opposite end of the couch.

"So what is babysitter's name? I don't think I caught it while being introduced," he remarked.

"Eden."

"Nice, I'm Julian, if you didn't catch that," he said smoothly.

"Oh, I did. Didn't expect you to be home so early. Your mom told me you'd probably not come home until after I was gone," I said.

"Of course. She probably didn't want me home, anyways. Well, my party got busted so I had to split. It was getting too wild anyways," he said with a laugh. Of course, he fit the party animal description.

"You're not drunk right now, are you?" I asked, immediately realizing the stupidness of the question.

"Naw," he replied, laughing, "I'd barely had a drink before the cops got there." After a few minutes of small talk, the pizza guy knocked on the door. Julian got up to grab the money and pay the guy. He came back with a full box of delicious smelling pizza.

"Alright, we'll split it half n' half, but you can just give me the pieces you don't eat," he said grabbing plates from the kitchen, probably with full knowledge that neither of us would be using them.

"Who said I won't finish it?" I asked, almost offended.

"You're gonna eat all four pieces?" He asked jokingly.

"Yes, why?" I demanded.

"Never mind then," he said with a grin, "I'd like to see this, though." We split the pizza evenly and got to work on it. Julian suggested we put on a movie. We were scrolling through all the choices when I saw one I'd been hoping to see.

"Oh, Lone Survivor is supposed to be amazing!" I exclaimed.

"Really? I saw the trailer," Julian remarked, "it looked pretty intense."

"Oh," I stated blandly, "well it's fine. Some people just can't do intense movies. I respect that." Julian, noticing this as a challenge, shook his head.

"And thank god it's intense. Those are my favorites," he said sarcastically. I laughed softly, a small smile creeping up my face. He returned it with that adorable grin. Ugh, don't say that, Eden.

I could feel Julian tensing as soon as the movie started. The beginning was just the Navy Seal training, so that's saying something. Slowly, throughout the movie, I could sense Julian moving closer. He was really disturbed by all the stuff happening during that op. The sounds he made while the jumped down the mountain were priceless. He cringed as if he was the one slamming against trees and rocks.

"Oh, god..." he began when the Taliban soldiers crept up behind Murphy. "No! No, no, no, no..." A single tear ran down his cheek as he grabbed onto my arm.

"You okay?" I asked through stifled laughs. He just stared at the screen in horror. I'm guessing he doesn't do well with scary movies, either.

By the time the movie ended, he was a changed person. Definitely not as cocky. He kept asking questions like 'How could this have happened to good people?' and 'How did they not complain after being shot like 10 times with practically every broken bone in their bodies?'