Chapter 7

Julian's POV

The sound of an alarm clock woke me up immediately. I was a little dazed. This definitely wasn't my room. But I felt soft skin underneath my arm and noticed Eden snuggled into my chest. I was confused. We didn't last night, did we? I lifted the blanket a bit and noticed her shorts. Well, that clears up some things. The alarm clock was still blaring but I couldn't reach it without waking Eden, who was somehow still sound asleep. I nudged her arm.

"Eden," I whispered. She began stirring slightly. I shook her arm gently and said her name again.

"Mhhm?" She responded, her eyes still closed.

"It's 7:00," I whispered. Her long eye lashes batted open and her big hazel eyes met mine. A slight smile stretched across her flushed cheeks.

"Oh," she said. But she didn't move. She stayed in my embrace for a few seconds longer. Then, she lifted herself slowly and stretched. She got up from the bed and began walking to her dresser, looking at me, still on the bed.

"Well, do you go to school?" She asked while taking her clothes out of the drawers.

"Occasionally," I responded, lifting myself up. She blushed again as I sat up. I had no clue where my shirt was, but I should probably find it.

"Do you plan on going today?" She asked jokingly.

"Do you?"

"What'd you mean?"

"I mean, are you going to school?" I responded.

"Well, do I even have a choice?" She asked.

"Yes," I said, "but I doubt you're the type to use that choice." She looked at me with a cute look on her face, like she was offended.

"What's that supposed to mean?" She asked, her brows furrowed.

"You don't seem like you would go around skipping school," I responded truthfully. Her mouth was slightly open and she still had that cute, offended look on her face.

"And how exactly would you know that?" She questioned, hands on her hips.

"I can just tell," I replied, pulling myself up from the bed. She looked at me intensely, eye to eye.

"Wait here," she said, and walked down stairs. I walked towards the stairs and listened.

"Good morning, sweetie," a voice said, probably her mother.

"Morning, mom," she responded.

"Am I allowed to ask why the couch is set up like this?" Her mom asked suspiciously.

"It was too hot in my room, so I decided I'd just sleep on the couch," Eden responded smoothly.

"Ugh, the AC upstairs keeps doing that up there. I need to call them, again," she said, opening what sounded like the fridge.

"Yeah, that'd be great. Can you grab me an apple?" She asked.

"Sure, I'm taking your sister to school today," her mother said, "Can you put these blankets back before you leave?"

"Sure," she replied.

"Callie!" Her mother yelled.

"Wait one second, mom," another voice yelled, a bit muffled.

"Sweetie, we're gonna be late. Hurry up, I've got an apple for you to eat in the car," her mother responded. A few seconds later, a door opened and I'm guessing her sister had come out.

"Here, grab your backpack," her mother said, opening the front door. I heard scuffling as the sister made her way out of the house.

"Have a good day sweetie," her mother said, "I'll be home by 7:00."