time heals all wounds ch4

Cana pov

Two insufferable weeks have passed.
Two weeks since the scarring death of my mother.
Two weeks since I've been living with Neji.
One weeks since the tear filled funeral.

I've gotten through the shock of my mother's sudden murder but the grief... I have doubts that will ever go.

Neji pov

When I first met Cana she was such a happy, strong, independent girl but now, now she just seems dull like nothing can make her smile ever again, sometimes she smiles around the house but, but it's painfully obvious that they're fake.

Today she's going to the Hokage's office to see about getting a new apartment, I did say she could stay with me but she didn't want to be a bother. She wasn't a bother in the first place but I guess it was her destiny to move away from me.

Asuma's pov-

"Lord Hokage, you called?" I asked not sure to why my father called me in at such short notice, maybe it's to test a genin squad again... but that shouldn't be for two more months.

Looking around the room I saw pops at his desk with his hat and robe on with paper work stacked in front of him along with a blonde haired girl.

"Ah Asuma nice to see you son. This is Cana Saka" he said gesturing to the blonde girl in front of him. She glanced in my direction for a second before looking at the Hokage for a second.

Wait Saka... as in rin Saka now I think about it, she looks exactly like rin just with longer hair. Oh dear god... This is her daughter, I feel so bad for her... her mom was the only family she had left well she had her clan but like household family they're all gone.

"Nice to meet you Cana, you're the spitting image of your mom" I said with a kind smile and she froze at the mention of her mom before Nodding as a sign of acknowledgment.

"Asuma, Cana will be living with you from now on, is that ok?" Dad said glancing at the young woman.

"Sure that's fine, I'd be delighted to take her in" I replied exited to be looking after a child of my own, well ish... she isn't exactly mine but I'm glad to be taking her in, me and her mom was friends and in a genin squad together after all.

I started to lead the girl towards my house but she walked in utter silence, from what her mom used to say she never shuts up but she's probably still grieving, if it was me I would still be.

"So what's your favourite colour" I asked trying to stir convocation, she looked thoughtful for a moment before replying with,
"Green" she didn't say it with a hint of emotion, it just came out dead, like it doesn't matter.

It has been three weeks since Cana moved in with me yet she still doesn't speak much, she's slowly becoming more talkative and smiling a little more but she's not completely fine.

Like now for instance, she's currently asleep on the sofa, she fell asleep there about an hour ago while she was reading her book, from behind her she seems like she's sleeping soundly, but if you look at her face her eyes are squeezed shut, almost as if opening them could kill her, it's rather strange as when you're asleep your mind is shut down so you don't really have any worries, but it seems like her worries stick with her.

I placed a blanket over her delicate sleeping form and scribbled down a quick note on some paper, I'm unsure how it would effect her if she woke up alone so the note is to give her peace of mind.

Gone to get food be back soon -Asuma

Then I slipped on some shoes and left.