goodbye ch16

^^ Cana as a blonde

Cana pov'

"Have you got your clothes?"
"Yes"

"Even your pajamas?"
"Yea"

"Toiletries?"
"Yea"

"What about-"
"Dad I have everything calm down" I complained to Asuma who was asking if I had everything for my out of village journey. 

"What if you get hurt? How will I know?" Asuma stared saying in a panic filled state.

"I'll send a bird with a scroll to you so you're informed... I mean that is why the hokage is giving me one right? I mean as well as to give updates on my training" I stated resting my cold pale hand onto his shoulder.

Sighing Asuma pulled me into a big hug and muttered things about missing me and to stay safe. I giggled slightly at his behaviour before returning the hug. A few tears fell from my eyes and rolled down my cheeks before splashing off my chin. Dad pulled away from me a wiped away the wet trails on my face and the new tears that were brimming in my eyes before saying "you could always stay you know" he muttered and I just gave him a sympathetic smile in return.

I know I can't stay... its not something I can do... I have to go, for now at least.

"Hey dad, let's spend the day together, concidering I leave tomorrow and I'm meeting with Neji before hand" I said as a means to comfort him.
"Okay kid, grab your things I have an idea of where we can go" he agreed as he picked his keys up off the table. I went to slip my shoes on and threw a jacket on before waiting for my father to catch up.

When we left the house I took in every sight in the village from the rocks, the grass, the sky to the buildings people and sounds, this is my home, and I'm leaving to look for somebody who abandoned me, that makes me feel stupid but it's something I need to do. I gazed as Asuma as he walked next to me and he asked me what was up, this made me realize I was lost in thought while staring.
"I may be going to my biological father but, you will always be my real father" I stated smiling up at him as we walked into the barbecue restaurant. He ruffled my hair and I swear I saw a tear in his eye but as quick as it arrived it disappeared.

We ate and had a wonderful convocation about many different things but the look of worry never left his features and I couldn't help but feel guilty for making him worry about my absence.

Neji, Tenten and Lee came through the doors and Asuma waved them over to sit with us, he then left saying I should see my team before I leave.

"Leave?! You're leaving?!" Tenten and Lee screamed, Neji was already informed, he didn't like it in the slightest but he knew he couldn't stop me.

"Yes, tomorrow" I stated taking a sip of my drink.
"You can't! You have to stay! You need to date and have kids with Neji!" Tenten yelled and I instantly choked on my drink and turned red as Neji too became a tomato.
"I'm coming back... It's just for a while to train" I muttered
"Oh that's good so you'll be back in like a month right?" Tenten said cheerfully.
"Actually... Three years time" I noticed Neji's hand clench around his fork and Lee started to cry, Tenten then pointed a butter knife at my throat.
"I swear, if you don't come back alive... I will use this!" I gulped and nodded while wondering... How will she use it if I'm dead?

It wasn't to long before everyone finished their meals and we were heading out. Tenten and Lee were walking slightly in front of me and Neji, they were having a loud long conversation about something or other, Neji them grabbed my wrist and pulled me into an ally, I looked at him curiously.
"Close your eyes" he stated, by this point I was confused but i did as he said it wasn't even a moment later when I felt his lips on mine, I kissed back softly then he pulled away. "I... Cana I love you, so you better return to me"