one year ch7

Cana pov

I've been on Neji's team for a year now and have became his best friend, tenten and I are also pretty close. She told me she has a crush on Neji how cute I hope he likes her too. Lee is hyperactive still and neji is still sweet to me, which tenten says is 'suspicious' and that 'he might like me' but she's over thinking it I mean I'm me who could ever like me in that way.

"I'm bored" I complained dragging out the R as I sat upside down on the sofa, my head dangling of the edge and my feet up the wall. Asuma chuckled softly. "Come and meet my new genin squad?" He asked as an attempt to amuse me a little.
"Sure" I said with a bright smile before I slipped and hit my head of the hard floor.

Asuma Brought in my shoes and handed them to me. "Thank you dad" I said with a bright smile and he froze for a second and I realised what I said.
"I'm sorry it's just..." I frantically apologised before being cut off.
"It's fine, it's an honour to have you as a daughter even if it's not by blood" he said with a soft kind smile and I tackled him into a hug which he returned.

I never knew my real father, mom said he was an innocent man who people blamed for terrible crimes he never committed, the village was going to kill him for said crimes so he fled the village when I was a baby, mom says he was a strong ninja one of the best in the saka clan, he was a war hero too but no body speaks of him anymore as far as anyone is concerned he is a rouge ninja but nobody has heard a thing from him since he left the village 11 and a half years ago.

"my squad has three genin on, two boys and one girl like any other squad, except yours, the one boys IQ is off the charts he's smarter than anybody I've ever known, the other boy has a soft kind heart and he seriously loves food, the girl is... easily angered" he explained as we reached the training ground where I saw three familiar faces... I know them from somewhere.

"Cana is that you?" The chubby boy asked ramming food into his mouth and I gave a slight nod as I tried to place their faces.

"You know my students Cana?" Asuma asked me in a whispery voice.

"I think so... I just can't place there faces" I whined.

I then saw the other boy who's hair was basically a pineapple.

"SHIKAMARU!!!" I yelled tackling him into a hug which he muttered about me being Troublesome before he returned my hug, I then let go and smiled at them.

"How ya been?" I questioned with a bright smile and they all told me about different things before I turned to Asuma and asked him why he brought me and he said;
"I was hoping you could help 'em train by putting them under a curse where they can't use their strongest abilities forcing them to improve on their weaker ones" he explained and I thought it was a great idea so I touched each of their shoulders and took away their best abilities, I made it so it only lasts a week so they can be normal again soon.

"I have to meet my sensei to ask him something so I'll see you guys later" I stated before teleporting to gai sensei.

"Sensei I was hoping you could teach me some lighting jutsu it's my chakra nature but I only know a few" I asked casually and he looked in thought for a moment before saying "Ah my youthful blossom I have the perfect friend to help you, his name is kakashi Hatake he should be able to help I shall ask him tomorrow" he yelled rather loudly before adding "meet me at training ground 3 tomorrow at 2pm" he then ran away making me sigh before I headed home.