ch20- Stronger than yesterday

Cana pov

It was hassles, but Gaara is safe thanks to the troubles my team and Naruto's faced. Neji, Tenten, Lee and myself had the task of breaking the seal while this was easy to say, all we had to really do was remove a sticker at the same time in different locations talking through a heat set, now that sounds pretty damn easy... "Sounds"... no it wasn't easy. Not at all. After removing the sticker an enemy appeared however this enemy was a replica of ourselves, same powers, same appearance and same mind set, it was a tough battle.

During my battle of self, my arm got slashed open, it wasn't a thick cut but it was deep, it was a horizontal slash around mid forearm, the slash was made from the look alikes dagger that is kept in out boots. Ideally I should get my wound treated but the only medic with us right now is Sakura and I've never really spoken to her so I don't want to bother her, she seems nice and kind though looks can be very deceiving.

"Cana" Neji stated drawing my attention to him.
"Neji" I stated repeating the way he said my name.
"You've got blood leaking through you're shirt, are you hurt?" This drew everybody's attention, even Naruto's and he is was helping Gaara walk while talking to him.

"Oh that? It's nothing" I replied with an awkward laugh. Damn my bandage wasn't enough to keep it from bleeding.

"Remove your shirt now" Sakura butted in.

"Woah Sakura, you're pretty and everything but not here okay?" I said jokingly, but she wasn't joking, she glared at me and pulled out a kunai.
"Cana-chan remove the shirt or I'll cut it off" she stated with a smirk as she swirled the blade between her fingers.

"Fine" I pouted
"everyone go on ahead we'll catch up" she yelled and everyone left Neji was hesitant but he knew I was in good hands.

"Sakura... I know I have no right to ask and that I wasn't there but may I ask... Why did Sasuke leave? I don't mean to kill his brother I know that much, I mean why did he leave all his friends heart broken, isn't that similar to Itachi I mean I'd personally rather see my friends die then watch them lose their sense of self and wither away into a shell of a person" the second I mentioned Sasuke's name her grip on the bandage she was tying around my arm tightened, it kind of hurt considering there was a cut there but I deserve it, I mean Sasuke is a taboo topic but I thought maybe I could get a better understanding this way.

"He... Sasuke... He cares I know he does... I believe he does deep down, he's... Just consumed by the past and it makes it hard for him to understand the present never mind concider the future. The trauma of his past blinds him and because of the betrayal he faced from his elder brother who he trusted so deeply he finds it hard to let people in. I ... Naruto and a team made from his friends couldn't stop him, maybe if u were here that days events would have ended differently" she explained as she finished tending to my wound and I thanked her, although I couldn't help but feel guilty that I wasn't there when I was needed to stop that idiot from abandoning this candy floss lady who's madly in love with him.

I didn't know what else to talk about so we caught up to the others in complete, utter silence.

Neji fell back and we walked side by side yet neither of us spoke, I'm just glad Gaara is alive and well, it just sucks that the price for that was Lady C's life, she deserved better she was a funny woman who was amusing to be around.

I know this is ninja life but I hate how people are constantly sacrificed for others and I can't help but blame Naruto for her death.