Gaara ch11

Cana pov

So yesterday I made chunin and I told Asuma at dinner and he was really proud but didn't seem so surprised, I was ment to meet Kakashi yesterday but something came up so we're meeting... well we're ment to be meeting right now but suprise suprise he's not here.

I figured if he's more than an hour late I'm free to go so I'm leaving.

After walking around the village for a while I bumped into Tenten who seemed really happy.

Flash back

"Hey tenten" I stated cheerfully as she walked into my hospital room.

"Hi Na - chan" she replied with and I scrunched my face up in disgust at the nick name before smiling softly at her.

"I saw Neji leave he seemed slightly annoyed" she mentioned and my eyes widened realising I had to tell her.

"I asked him out for you" I started and she cut me off by saying "what was his answer?" She seemed to be inpatient like his reply was a big deal... which it might be to her I guess.

"I'm really sorry tenten but he likes someone else he didn't mention who though" I told her looking at my lap not wanting her to get upset.
To my suprise she wasn't upset in the slightest... no she seemed extremely happy.
"That's amazing!" She yelled with true joy in her voice and I raised an eyebrow at her in suspicion and she quickly said "you see i wanted to see if he liked any one and I knew he wouldn't tell me and he'd be curious if you asked for me and I knew for a fact he definitely didn't like me so he wouldn't say yes ya see? But im so glad he likes you" she quickly said and my eyes opened in shock.

"He doesn't like me" I muttered and she smirked.

Flashback over

I gave her a wave and she smiled back but no words were exchanged between us before we soon became out of each others sight.

After a while longer of walking around the village I walked smack into the back of some guy with red hair... well I didn't walk into his back I walked into his gourd and he turned to look at me with a glare. But his glare didn't intimidate me I was just facinated by his eyes.

"He's going to kill her" a boy with face paint on muttered and I looked up at him boredly. I had no intentions of apologising for walking into him I mean he shouldn't have been standing still in a busy street.

A hand clasped onto my wrist and dragged me away making Mr glare turn away from me and hair from the person dragging me slapped me in the face.
"Hi to you to neji" I muttered as I pealed his hand away from my wrist.

"What are you doing!?" Neji asked rather angrily.

"What do you mean what am I doing?" I resorted.

"Do you know who that is?! Gaara of the sand known for killing anyone who annoys him, he has the one tails " he explained pretty annoyed.

"Well how was I ment to know that... I only walked into him and guess what. I. am . alive."

"At least you're safe" he muttered as he pushed back a piece of my hair making my cheeks light up at the contact.

I know I'm in love with neji I've known for a while but I pushed away my feeling upon learning of Tenten's but if she never actually liked him and was trying to find out information am I really allowed to love him.

"you're blushing" Neji stated with a microscopic smirk.
"Maybe it's my destiny to blush" I stated my voice dripping with sarcasm with an eye roll added on the end for dramatic effect before Neji offered to take me home.