chunin? ch10

Cana pov

I've been out of hospital for a couple of months now (they fully healed my arm) and I still have ages till kakashi gets back from some thing he had to go do so I've been improving my chidori, but currently I'm at the Hokage's office as he wanted to see me... why? No idea.

"Cana Saka as third hokage I now announce you as chunin" the hokage stated as he took a drag from his pipe.

"Why?" I questioned out loud but more to myself.

"Well you see the chunin exams are coming up soon and you're more then capable to pass them so we figured we'd give the other genin a chance to pass them" he explained.

"So you're making me chunin out of pity for other people" I muttered.

"No its not like that. It's that they don't have a chance with you in, I was going to promote you sooner but we wanted you to get the genin experience but we think it's time you and your squad move on to bigger things which they can't do without one of you being chunin" he explained and I sighed before taking the vest. I was actually looking forward to kicking ass in the exams but fine this work's too.

Asuma pov

"No Kuranai, Iruka needs to hear this, they are no longer your students. They. Are. Mine. I think I know fully well what they're capable of" kakashi stated seriously looking at a very annoyed Iruka.

"Moving on... does anybody else recommend their genin" Dad asked drawing the tension away.

"I recommend my youthful genin. Rock Lee, Tenten, Neji Hyuuga and finally Cana Saka" Gai said happily and I smiled knowing Hailey was going to take the exams.

"I refuse the request on Cana Saka" the hokage said suddenly making Gai look at him in shock a long with Kakashi, all three of us knew she was more then capable.

"Why... she so youthful" Gai said sadly.

"You can't put a chunin in the chunin exams, it's unfair and what's the point in passing to become something you already are?" Lord third stated making me realise what he just said.

"Are you saying Cana... is chunin? Since when?" I intruded before Gai could say anything.

dad nodded in response before saying "has she not told you? I informed her three hours ago"

Three hours ago! Why the hell didn't she inform me as her guardian I need to know these things.

"She said she was going to tell you before she left" Dad said raising an eyebrow at me, I then remembered I was out with Kuranai for a meal so I wasn't home.

"Oh maybe she'll tell me later then" I quickly stated gaining a suspicious glance from Kakashi but I brushed it off.

I saw pride in Kakashi's eyes, I knew he had been teaching Hailey and she now knows a few more lightning jutsu but she keeps on working on her chidori still, kakashi knows she'd already got the power and speed for it and she can complete it successfully already but she's still determined to make it super strong and to do it more times in a row.

People in that Saka clan are slowly being assassinated by the akatsuki, there is no pattern to the attacks or victims but it is usually at night when fighting back is hard for the Saka's due to most of them being asleep. Cana is clueless as to what is happening the Hokage forbid us to tell her, If you ask me I think he's being stupid if we hide it from her when she eventually finds out, which she will, she won't just be upset over her clan she'll be Pissed at all of us.

But I also see dad's reasonings for hiding it, we already have a vengeful genin I don't think we need a vengeful chunin too.