1x01 - Pilot

Picture of Ben Barnes as Eliot Gilbert (Elena)

"For over a century, I have lived in secret; hiding in the shadows, alone in the world. Until now. I am a vampire. And this is my story"

A couple is driving down a road late at night, not a single car in sight. They are talking about the concert they have been on. Suddenly fog starts rolling onto the road.

"What's with all the fog?" Asks the female

"It'll clear in a second" He reassures her.

"Watch out!" She suddenly cries out. A woman was standing in the middle of the road and they hit her.

"Are you okay?"

"We just hit someone! Oh my god!" she started freaking out.

"Call for help" he ordered while he went out to check on the mystery woman.

"Please be alive! Oh, my god" The woman suddenly wakes up and bites him in the neck.

"There's no signal! Darren! Darren?" She calls out for her boyfriend but got no answer. She started running and she gets attacked too.

**********

Salvatore Boarding House

Stella Salvatore is on the roof watching the sunrise.

"I shouldn't have come home. I know the risk. But I had no choice. I have to know him" She jumps of the roof falling several feet before landing unharmed on the ground.

**********

Gilbert Residence

Eliot Gilbert is writing in his diary. "Dear diary, today will be different. It has to be. I will smile, and it will be believable. My smile will say 'I'm fine, thank you.' 'Yes, I feel much better.' I will no longer be the sad little boy who lost his parents. I will start fresh, be someone new. It's the only way I'll make it through."

In the kitchen Eliot's uncle Jensen is rustling around. "Toast. I can make toast"

"It's all about the coffee, uncle Jensen." Eliot says to him.

"Is there coffee?" Asks Jemma, Eliot's younger sister.

"Your first day of school and I'm totally unprepared. Lunch money?" Jensen asks a little disappointed with himself.

"I'm good" Eliot answers.

"Anything else? A number two pencil? What am I missing?" Jensen murmured to himself.

"Don't you have a big presentation today?" Eliot asks.

"I'm meeting with my thesis advisor at..." He checks his watch "now. Crap!"

"Then go. We'll be fine" Eliot assures his uncle. "you okay?" Eliot turns to his little sister concerned.

"Don't start" Jemma says annoyed. On the tv behind Eliot it's showing the news, Missing persons: Brooke and Darren.

**********

Benny's Car

Eliot and Benny are driving to school in Benny's car.

"So, grams are telling me I'm psychic. Our ancestors were from Salem, witches and all that, I know, crazy, but she's going on and on about it, and I'm like, put this woman in a home already! But then I started thinking, I predicted Obama and I predicted Heath Ledger, and I still think Florida will break off and turn into little resort islands..." Benny turns his head to look at Eliot after his little rant to see that Eliot is spacing out. "Eliot! Back in the car"