1x09 - History Repeating

Picture of Britt Robertson as Macy Donovan

Mystic Falls High School

Benny sat at his desk in math class, trying to stay away during a boring lecture. The teacher goes on and on. Bored, Benny glanced around and noticed something in the hallway. He got up and followed a man who turns out to be his ancestor, Emil Bennet. "Hello?" He follows Emil out of the double doors.

**********

Fell's Church

Magically Benny found himself in the ruins of Fell's church. Emil is there, waiting for him. "Please, help me"

"Who are you?" Benny asked.

"I'm Emil. You know that. We're family" Emil smiled.

"Where am I?"

"This is where it started. And this is where it has to end"

"No. this isn't real" Benny shook his head in disbelief. He tried to run away, but Emil keeps blocking his path.

"Help me"

**********

Mystic Falls High School

Benny woke up with a gasp in class. Everyone stared at him, including the boy sitting next to him. "What are you looking at? Turn around" Benny turned to the other side, and realizes Emil is sitting next to him. He screamed.

**********

Fell's Church

Benny wakes up in the middle of the ruins of Fell's church.

**********

Mystic Falls High School

Outside, Eliot and Carlisle are walking towards the school. "Have you even talked to Benny?" Eliot asked.

"No, I'm mad at him. He needs to make the first move" Carlisle explained.

"Be the bigger person"
"Impossible in his presence"

"Why are you so pissed at him anyway?" Eliot asked confused.

"He's a thief, that's why. I gave him my necklace, and he refuses to give it back. It's a matter of principle"

"All right. Well, I tried. I'm officially out of it" Eliot sighed.

"Good. Your turn. Where's Stella? Have you talked to her?" Carlisle asked curious.

"She's avoiding me"

"Why?"

Eliot hesitates as he tries to think of what he can say "... It's complicated" the bell rings, giving Eliot an excuse to leave "I'll see you later"

"bye" Eliot leaves. Macy and Carlisle pass each other. "Hey" Macy greets, not stopping on her way. "Hey" Carlisle is disappointed, and stares at her before walking away.

**********

In history class, Eliot sits down in class near Benny as Althea, the new teacher, prepares for her class. "Good morning everyone. Alrighty" Althea writes her name on the chalkboard. Eliot mouths "Are you okay?" to Benny. Benny only shrugs.

"Althea Saltzman. It's a mouthful, I know. Doesn't exactly roll of the tongue. Saltzman is of German origins. My family emigrated here in 1755 to Texas. I, however, was born and raised in Boston. Now the name Althea belongs to a very dead great-grandmother I will never be able to thank though. You'll probably want to pronounce 'Althea' but it's 'Althea' okay? So, you can call me Thea. I'm your new history teacher."