1x18 - Under Control

Picture of Emily VanCamp as Jane Gilbert

(Skipping episode 16 and 17)

Salvatore Boarding House

Stella is doing exercises in her bedroom. Demi enters with a glass of blood in her hands. "Could you turn it up a little bit? It's not annoying yet"

"sorry"

Demi switches off the house "When are you going back to school?"

"Soon" Stella is on the floor, doing push-ups.

"oh come on. Just drink already. Come on, this self-detox is not natural" She puts the glass next to Stella.

"Can you get that away from me please?"

"How long did it take you to wean yourself of it the last time you indulged?" Stella ignores her and continues doing push-ups "That's not good"

"I'll be fine, it just takes a little bit of time"

"I don't get it, you know, you don't have to kill to survive. That's what blood banks are for. I haven't hunted in a human in...god way too long"

"Oh, I'm impressed"

"it's completely self-serving. I'm trying to get the town off the trail of vampires which is not very easy considering that there is an entire tomb of them running around"

"What are we planning on doing about that?" Stella asks.

"We are not going to do much of anything if you don't have your strength. There's nothing wrong with partaking in a healthy diet of human blood from a blood bank. You're not actually killing anyone"

"I have my reasons"

"Well, what are those holier-than-thou reasons? You know, we never actually discussed this. You know, I'd – I'd love to hear this story" Demi sits down on the couch.

"You're really enjoying this, aren't you? Watching me struggle?"

"Very much so"

"I hate to break it to you Demi but...I actually have it under complete control"

"You do? Well, then you should just carry on, making the rest of us vampires look bad" Demi gets up "Have a great day, Stella" She leaves the glass of blood on the table. Stella stares at the glass, when Demi returns.

"Oh, hey, almost forgot something. Oops" She grins, taking the glass and leaves. She drinks and relishes in the taste of blood.

**********

Gilbert Residence

Eliot walks out of the house "Come on Jemma, going to school! Walking out the door now!"

"Forgot this" Jensen hands him a thermos.

"Thank you" He opens the door and Jane is there, about to knock.

"Eliot!" Jane greets with a smile.

"Aunt Jane! Hi"

"Jensen" Jane looks at him.

"Jane, you made it"

"I said I'll be here before noon" Jane reminds him, entering the house.

"Oh what you say and what you do are typically two very different things" Jensen tells her.

Jemma comes down the stairs "Aunt Jane, what's up?"

"Hey!" Jemma slaps her on the shoulder and leaves. "I had some business in town, I thought that a visit was in order."