\\Chapter Four\\

We walked back more quickly than before, a muffin remaining in Tord's hands. He carried it with care, not wanting to drop the delicious baked good.

Raindrops littered all around the city and eventually followed us into the neighborhood we were walking into.

Tord seemed to be enjoying the uncomfortable weather. I, on the other hand, hated it. The dry and humid weather made it difficult to breathe and uncomfortable to walk in.

As soon as we walked back to the house, I found the door to be locked shut. I facepalmed before pulling a checkered key from my pocket. It was one of the three that Edd had gotten copied for me and Matt, and thought it was useless most of the time, I was glad for it at points like these.

I stuck the key into the door knobs lock cylinder and turning my wrist. I looked at Tord from the corner of my eye as I did so. He seemed to be silently admiring the flowers we had planted this summer.

I smiled unintentionally before opening the door slowly, pulling my keys back into my pocket. That's wehn Matt jumped out from behind the door, scaring the shit out of me. I may have screamed like a girl and fell backwards.

As I fell, my eyes shut, preparing for pain since I was unguarded at the moment. But... I never hit the ground? My eyes opened to see a worried face looking at me from an upside down angle. Tord.

I looked around to see that he had caught my arms, as if we were trust-falling. My legs slowly balanced themselves and I stood back up, looking down at the other male in utter shock.

"How..?" I began, but was unable to find the words.

He smiled, "It's a secret, I may tell you in the future."

I just stood there in surprise as he walked over and talked to Matt. My ginger friend invited the shorter male inside with a bright smile.

That's when I realized...

The future is a long time...