Prologue

Song: Pink Skies by DESTINO

"How many times have I told you not to leave the playground?" The teacher questioned me, as I looked down at the enormous shoes that were broken down to the sole and ripped with holes that water could easily seep in and soak my feet.

"Sixty-six times," I whispered, picking at the holes in my shirt that was worn out to the thread.

"Don't make sixty-seven at the masters desk," she said, she shooed me away to go back to the playground and join the other kids who bullied me, that was not in my interest.

Walking back to my original spot, I sat down in the shadows field and waited for the recess bell to ring and bring me back inside.

As I picked at my shirt, I noticed a bright shine appear and made me interested in what it was. Standing up and walking down the steep hill, I crossed the playground boarder and walked close to the shadow creature that made a hissing noise.

"Come here my child," the creature hissed at me.

I stayed in my spot and watched the creature get attacked by an animal that made a growling noise. I stumbled back and felt some fear crawl under my skin.

The animal looked up at my face and stared dead cold into my eyes with a questionable look on it's face.

"What did I just lecture you on? It hasn't even been five minutes and you leave the playground line? To the masters desk," the lady spoke, grabbing my arm and pulling me back up the hill for the school to come into view, but I heard a slight growl back down below and saw the animal leave with a scuff look on it's face.