Chapter 17

Song: Sunset Motel by Cozmoe

Waking up on the ground with the atmosphere different, I knew I wasn't in the mundane world. The bright blue sky was now all dark, crimson red with the smokey black dancing with it. Mountains that are meant to have white snow on top is replaced with charcoal and the mountains a shade of gray.

Getting up from the ground, I went exploring to find out where I was, but remembered something Robert told me.

"When you die, you will meet your inner demon."

Guess this is the underworld, the original place I was meant to grow up in. It's depressed and moody, dark and lonely. How could someone rule something like this?

"I understand your pain," some raspy, yet elegant voice spoke out.

Turning my attention to who said that, they looked exactly like me.

"You must be the mundane me, first time ever seeing you and this place," he pointed out.

His hair was like mine, but pitch black and streaks of brown showing, his eyes were opaque black, with shimmering white specks floating around. He was currently wearing a maroon button up with a black blazer and pants that weren't too dressy, nor too casual. 

"Shall we return?" He asked, reaching a hand out to me, making me hesitant, but touched his hand and we got forged together and a light shining around us, meaning we were going back to Earth.

Thousands were dead around me when I woke up, and I felt different.

"That's because you are me, Seb," the demon, now named Seb, told me.

Standing up and looking around, I spotted some people fighting, some trying to save their friends, and some dead.

"You can summon a weapon by sticking your hand out," Seb said. Doing as he said, I stuck my hand out in the and felt a cool blade come into contact with my hand, making me look down at the sharp, black blade. I smiled and realized I had heightened speed. Running around fast like lightning, with one slice, the government enemies were dead and the different clans looked lost, because they couldn't see me. Stopping beside Robert, he jumped slightly and cut me in the arm, not feeling pain.

"Robyn, it's about time I got to see," he smirked, making me look down at the cut and seeing it seal up.

"It's Seb, Robyn is the mundane, Seb is the demon, Seb is here now," I mumbled, looking at the field. A man came running at us, but I simply jabbed him and he was down no less then a second.

With no emotions I remained still and looked down at my hand, to see some metallic color on my hand and my nails painted black. Staying still and standing beside Robert, we didn't bother moving, until I advanced forward and came face to face with the head leader.

"Why do you ruin everything? You and your downworld, do I have to send you back to hell?"

"Just came from there, and let me tell you, it's lame," I said, and saw him strike me in the chest with a bullet. I didn't feel it. Pulling the bullet out, my skin healed up, causing me to smirk at his faulty attempt. Taking my advantage, I strolled up to his frightened face , as he kept shooting at me. Not a single drop of red liquid dripped when I met his body, grabbing him by the arm, I took no hesitation and sliced him. Looking backwards, his body fell to the ground and I saw every government soldier dead.

"Robyn?" A voice rose up fro behind. Turning around and seeing Will standing there, along with Robert, who was smirking and mouthed 'I'm proud.'

"Seb," I said, my emotion still the same, straight mouth. I glanced down at my shirt to see my shirt slight ruined, making me slightly mad, it was a nice texture and color.

"I have no idea why, but I won't argue," Will said, as we walked back to where I died.

Glancing at my "dead" body, I removed the blade and picked up my unconscious body.

"Who is this?" Joel asked, as he came running up towards me.

"Well, technically I'm this dead person. I'm his inner demon, Seb," I told him. He held a confused face and took the mundane me, making me shrug and turn back to Robert.

"You will return mundane in two weeks," he answered my question, "but in the mean time, you are coming back with me."

Obeying his words, he opened up a portal, revealing the world that I woke up in and motioned me to go in.

"If you need, contact us and we will be there, and you will have my son back in two weeks" Robert pointed to Joel, who finally had the idea clicked into his brain.

Walking through, the new world appeared in front of my eyes and portal closed off. Following Robert's footsteps, he lead me to where I assume is my home. The land was flat with no life to it, ash floating around with no sense of wind, no trees, just rocks of charcoal and mountains that are gloomy.

"Don't worry, you will return soon," he said, patting my back and taking me inside an estate kind of court. No sign on buildings, just this wide open concept "garden." It just reminded me of the Royal court.

My thoughts were snapped out when I heard a buzzing, meaning nothing to me, since I had no idea. Ignoring the sound, I went exploring through this throne area, it just mimicked the Court, except this one here is very un-happy, gloomy and depressing. I saw a dark red-pink button shirt, with a note left on there. Looking at the note it had a basic signing that said 'here'. I changed out of the damaged maroon and folded the shirt nicely and replace it with the new shirt, and heard the sound again.

"Seb, the King in the Royal Court wants you," Robert said, making me turn around in the slippery, tied dress shoes, and look at him, making me glare at him, which resulted him into telling me I can open portals. Following his instructions, the realm of life appeared, making me slightly better, and stepping to the world, the King looked at me with an expression of satisfaction.

"I see, you truly are thou devil, let's make a deal, devil."