Chapter 6

Song: Routine by knapsack

"Count," the Headmaster yelled at me, bringing down the whip.

"One," I whimpered out, already feeling a warm metallic liquid run down my back. I would not show weakness and cry over this. 

Sitting up from the dreadful nightmare, I looked around my surroundings to find out I was in the same room I got knocked out in. Now I remember what happened. I looked down to see myself with no shirt on and my chest wrapped in cloth and bandages. 

Grabbing my shirt, I stood up and placed my long sleeve on and exited the room. 

"Why is it that whenever I come to this room you are always out," I heard someones voice linger at me.

Turning around to find Joel leaning against the hallway wall with a smirk on his face, I simply stayed put and felt useless, what was I meant to do? 

"You have some explaining to do," Joel acknowledged, making me follow him. 

We walked back to the table and I saw Lindsay sitting there, she looked up and gave me smile that half said 'I'm glad you're okay' and the other half saying 'you're dead'. 

"Care to explain Robyn, on what happened in your past," Lindsay called out, making me hesitate and stop in my spot.

"I prefer to not talk about myself," I whispered out, hesitantly walking over to an available chair.

"Come on, even I want to know when I'm not interested in people," Reed called out.

"I could kill you a second time," I replied, looking at him and seeing him smirk.

He laughed at my remark "it's like there's another me."

I sighed really loud and leaned back in the chair gesturing them to ask me any questions. I could tell Lindsay was going to enjoy this, she's always wanted to know me since I was eight.

"Start from when you were born," Lindsay interrogated me.

"Born with no parents, grew up in a catholic orphanage, spent eight years there before you came along, and that's it," I said, tapping my finger on the smooth polished oak table, carved with the forest in it.

"Robyn, further explanation, like where you were born?" Alpha Will asked me. I'm fed up with this.

"Switzerland, got sent here, in London," I answered, resting my hand on my forehead.

"What about the zebra colored scars? Those aren't regular scaring marks," Joel questioned. Touchy subject to begin with.

"Back in the orphanage I would always leave the fence line, two-hundred and fifty seven times I was sent to the headmaster. I would get whipped five times per month for four years. The whip he had was a design to kill demons instantly, he thought I had the blood in me so he tried killing me," I explained, looking up to see basically everyone teary eyed.

"My parents, mom's name was Tiffany Steel, dad's was Robert Steel. The reason I know this is because, when I said I had a meeting with the Queen, I actually flew to Switzerland to see if I could know my family, hacked the system and that's how I found out," I said. 

"You said Robert Steel? Follow me," Alpha Will said, standing up and leading us all to a room, I decided to be the last one. Joel patted my shoulder, sending an electric wave through my body, making me jolt up fast. 

"You okay? Little jumpy," Joel smiled, making me daydream. Shaking the thought out, I followed Joel to where everyone else was.

Alpha Will handed me a picture frame that had six people in it. He pointed to each person, him, his wife Able, his brother James and his wife Katie, and lastly my parents.

"We were friends with your parents, when I heard about your parents and how they had a child, I was determined to find you and help you out, live a normal life, but I failed."

I placed the frame back on the shelf and looked back him, to see his build down, relaxed and stressed.

"That may have been eighteen years ago, but now you have Alpha, for if I wasn't found, for you might been not found me," I spoke, feeling stupid for speaking Loyal. Wait, Royal?

"Nice reunion, but what's with the speaking and portal?" Reed broke out, making me look at the floral portal with green flakes floating in the air and out stepped the King. The wolves that were near us, started to growl.

"My gracious King, what an unexpected walk through, for you don't leave your glorious place," I said, kneeling down and placing my right hand over my heart. I knew Lindsay was doing the same thing, but the others weren't.

"Stand. For you need to entertain me. Come," the King ordered, making me stand up and follow him, before getting pulled back.

"You are not leaving," Lindsay said, but it wasn't her who grabbed me, it was Joel.

"Lindsay Elizabeth Do, for you have no word, you may join, or die," the King spoke out, before stepping into the happy land. I broke apart from Joel's grasp and continued to walk straight ahead, and everyone following behind.

To be honest, this land always soothed me. The dimly bright light was still moody as usual, the gust of wind still blowing feathers and petals around the trees that stood strong and calm. A platform built and a throne in the back for a viewing. 

I knew what this was. One of his guards will fight me and it will only end when one is dead and one is alive. Stepping onto the platform, Joel walked over to me and yelled out to me to not do this. 

"For I have to, I must maintain the peace with his side so we don't go to war," I answered, giving him a genuine smile to calm him.

I didn't have my weapons on me, just my belt, so I guess hand to weapon combat fight it will be. A horn went off telling me to start, my hands in fists by my face as I started to walk towards him. He tried to stab me right off the bat, I took the handle into my hand and punched his arm, hearing a crack being made. Pushing him down to the floor, I held the sword over his head ready to kill, but he smiled and changed into a person I recognized. 

"Father?"