Chapter 12

Song: Rainy Sunday by Henyao

Ash City is full of life and lights. Natural glowing stones acting as lamppost that hung as a chandelier, black cages holding the white glow stones. The rocky stones that were smooth, yet looked like European streets in the old part of town, Ash city held history from wars, to night time parties. 

With the council in front of me and people looking at me like I was going to get my head sliced off, I stood straight and ignored those looks from people. Walking into our chamber, we went to the main lobby and walked to the back and I was greeted with the other council members from different sectors, all looking at me. 

Continuing the walk to the podium that held our Soul Sword that had blue titanium structured in designs that held clear material that represented a clean soul for those who are meant to be leaders. Amber held up her hand to stop me in front of a bright light shining down on me, the Circle leader, who held higher power then the councils, Theo Burn, looked down at me and seemed appreciated at my action. 

"Speak your full name," Theo shouted, making the Council members stop their conversations and focus their attention on me.

"Robyn Sean Moore," I answered.

"We have heard about you from former Lindsay Do, along with the recent teller, Amber Dane, that you have been doing all the paperwork for the institute for three years. You know you aren't meant to until you're at age, but we respect it."

I watched Theo's every movement towards the Soul Sword, making me nervous that I could die from this. Lifting the sword and holding it with both hands, one on the gold leather handle, and the other in the middle of the blade. 

"Robyn Sean Moore, do you accept the request of being the leader of the London institute in the Watford district?" 

"I pledge to take up the challenge of being a leader of the Watford district, to protect those in the town," I said, feeling the glow of the sword accept my vow. (I'm sorry if I offended those with the way I called Watford a town. I honestly don't know if it is actually a town in London or a city, I don't live their. Again, sorry for offending those who know it or live there.)

Looking down at the sword to see it's power glow mighty to prove my truth, Theo and the Council members all clapped as the light died down in the dimly lite room. Returning the sword to Theo, he placed the sword back on the pedestal. Quickly bowing and looking back up to see Amber by my side, she lead me out of the ceremony and head back to my place. 

Amber glanced over at me and spoke, "you know that I will be checking up twice a year and host meetings almost every month to keep peace with the alliances and you are required to come. The reason why I chose you is because I know you have close allies with the court and wolves, and you need to send word to the court since none of the other clans are allowed."

I nodded at her words and stepped forward at the glowing portal with the colours of dusty rose and blue sparks floating around. Turning towards Amber, she smiled and hugged me, allowing me to gently kiss both her cheeks, in a gentle goodbye gesture, and to see her soon. With one last look, she smirked as she pushed me through wonderland.

My back hit a chair, making me open my eyes to be greeted with my office and a knock on my door. What's with people shoving me into portals? Clearing my throat and asking them to come in, the door opened gracefully and I was greeted with Grace.

"Ms. Rose, how are you feeling?" I questioned, standing up and leading her to the empty chair and pouring a glass of water with orange slices in it. Handing her the glass, she thanked me took a sip before speaking.

"I'm well, I just want to say thank you for your offer and I would like to take up the opportunity."

I nodded and grabbed a file that held the house information and her new job, as she scanned the profile, her eyes grew with happiness and stood up lightning fast and hugged me, tears streaming down her soft face and the words 'thank you' repeating over.

I guided her outside the institute and we walked down the streets to her new home, her arm linked around my arm. Grace talked about what her new life will be like in the future, and I smiled at all her thoughts just to ease her into happiness. 

I stopped her in front of the pastel yellow house that was small on the outside, yet spacey on the inside. Taking the key and inserting it into the lock, I held the door open and she ran into the room and looked at the potential. 

"I can't thank you enough Ro, I just can't," she cried out. I smiled and told her I will see her soon and left the cozy home to head back home, before getting a call from an unknown number.

"Moore, it's Amber, meeting now."

And with that, the call ended leaving me slightly confused. Running back, and passing numerous residents, with some looks. Reaching home I saw Amber standing at the front door.. Amber heard my appearance and looked back at with a concerned facial expression.

"Ms. Dane, sorry about this approach. I had a case to deal with and I wasn't expecting a sudden meeting, please come in," I gestured her in and leading her to the main table.

"Now we wait for the others."

I looked at her, as I went to my seat and ask her who it was.

"We have Mal Shade from the witch clan, Bailey Will from the government, myself for Theo to see if I made the right choice, and Will Neil from the wolf clan."

I nodded and heard the door get a knock and Kenny bringing in everyone else, my eyes scanning at each and everyone here. 

"Mrs. Shade, Mr. Will and Mr. Neil, welcome," I introduced, shaking their hands. 

Looking up to hear loud foot steps, Joel walked in and had a shock expression that was noticeable, making me do the same thing and try to act normal. This meeting is going to be long. 

Author Note: HEYO! I still I want to apologize for earlier on the city versus town. Anyways, thank you for reading, I will talk with you guys soon. Bye!