Chapter 2

Song: Born to Fly by Morgan Page featuring Britt Daley.

I was currently sitting at the main table alone at five in the morning, just to avoid people. Human interaction is not on my personality list. 

Finishing my small breakfast, I cleaned up and went back up to my bedroom to grab my weapon holder and journal to track creatures today. Next on the list is Link fairies, fascinating creatures to watch, yet a pain to witness them do whatever their abilities are.

Leaving the institute I headed West into the forest, when I heard someone call out, begging for help. I ran towards the voice that was being heard and I saw a father and his son cornered with a Pix Demon. They take your soul and eat you out I thought, remembering what they do. 

Taking out my blade, I struck at the demon, but remembered they melt the silver. Dropping the handle, the demons focus was now on me, he tried to claw me, but I flipped backwards and landed in a crouch position, my right hand connected to the ground. As for my left hand, I reached behind me and felt my bow and arrows appear. 

Quickly drawing an arrow, the demon started to hiss and charge at me, which it didn't panic me one bit, releasing the arrow, I watch it pierce into his chest and crumble to the floor and squirm in pain. Walking over and connecting 'it's' face with my boot, I watch flames blaze to life and float in the air. 

"Thank you," the older man said, standing up and guarding his child behind him, has hands gripping the fathers pants with a terrified face still plastered on.

I nodded and picked up the handle of the blade-less blade and threw it into the dumpster, no one will look in there anyways. It's useless.

Keeping focus on my mission, I entered the forest that was still dark, which was better for demons to show up and give me excitement. The half moon was shining beautifully white that was a perfect light source that didn't require a flashlight. 

Walking around and looking for the Link Fairies that were out and not succeeding, I set up a trap to lure them for me to study. They like sweet thing, so I put out sugar and honey on a dish. After the trap was set up, I climbed up a Spruce tree and watched down below, waiting for them to show up. Apparently they come out in the morning when it's still pitch black outside, before going into a tree and sleeping. 

After some time, they finally appeared and they were magnificent, small female angles that were wearing delicate silk dresses in a variety of colours, as they drank the sugary mixture I made, I started to draw them and realized that they are harmless, innocent creatures. 

I finished the drawing and went down the tree and startled the angles. Here's a new fact for me to add, they can grow into a regular human size and bring out spears, that all faced me. I held my hands up in defence and went down to my knees, which shocked them, causing them to look at each other.

"Speak child, why are you here?" One of the angles asked, she had a pixie hair style that was dyed a dark blue.

"I mean no harm, I was the one who set you the sugary dessert, it's for my own benefit," I answered her question, where she raised a hand, causing the rest of them to lower their attack stance. 

"Why would you do such a thing?"

"For I know nothing about your kind and it interests me to learn."

She hummed in acceptation, yet confusion at the same time, I heard a rustle of leaves in the distance and saw a moving object move towards us. I stood up and got my weapon out, as that happened, the leader asked me what I was doing, but I ignored that and moved her aside and felt pain on my right arm, making me hiss and become angry.

"I guess I didn't need to do the dirty work thanks to you hunter," a voice told me, making me frown and get into position and protecting the ladies.

"Do your own work," I replied to the creature. 

The creature appeared out of the shadows and I noticed it was a women who was pail white and dead. Literally. She was a Vampire.

"Now if you excuse me, I have some girls to take and turn," she hissed and lunged toward the dark skin angle. I stepped in front of her and got my whip out, that wrapped around her neck make her shriek and fall to the ground. She tried to get it off her neck, but continued to struggle.

Next thing I knew, the dark lady speared her right through the heart and the vampire turned into a pile of dust. I looked up to meet her eyes and she thanked me for saving her, when I should be thanking her. The leader walked over to me and gave me a token that was shaped in a pair of wings.

"This is a thank you gift, for we rarely give this out to you hunters, but you are acceptable and kind for helping us, for we will see you when you call us child," and just like that they left. 

I continued to stand where I've been for the past ten minutes, filling in my journal on what I just learned. Examining the wings, they were real feathers that was glued to a gold pendent and was being held by a black vine, meaning it was a necklace. Putting it on, I finished up my notes and realized I felt a warm liquid on my right arm and my cheek for some reason.

Wiping the blood, I realized I was going to have a scar on my cheek that would be noticeable, and me getting questioned what happened and I'm not allowed out by Lindsay. Walking over to a pond, I took off my jacket and started to clean the wound on my arm. One singular cut that wasn't deep for it to endlessly leek. 

I looked back into the pond and noticed a figure standing behind me and their arms crossed over their chest. I stayed put and didn't bother moving, because I heard wolf growls all around me. Total of ten wolfs and one human behind me. How lovely.

"Why are you here hunter?" The human asked.

"Research," I said snarky, standing up the growls started to get louder. Oh ya, like I'm totally going to fight you guys and get my body tore apart. Not today.

"You are going to have to come with us, we need to see if this is true," he spoke, making me remain silent. He grabbed my right arm and instantly pulled back, probably feeling the small amount of blood.

I heard him mumble a 'screw it' and just knocked me.