Chapter 4

Song: 4U by The Audible Doctor

"Dad, you can't be serious? We're enemies," the feisty, now named Reed, exclaimed.

I held a hand up, telling him to shut up, and answered the Alpha's request. "Alpha Will, I sadly have to agree with your son Reed, we may do similar actions, but we are sworn enemies and wi-" before I could continue, I felt the pulse of the tracker start up.

I grabbed one of the blades and started to run to the entrance and there I spotted a Flax Demon. Super strong and cold kill you within minutes, with one scratch due to their poison. It screamed at me and started to stare me down, I wasted no time and brought my whip out and caught it by the leg.

Making a jerk action, I brought it down and started to bring it closer to me. I was about to stab it when Lindsay took the kill, making me look at her saying 'I had that', but she gave me a stern look meaning I wasn't meant to fight.

"I still stand by my word," I heard Reed mumble under his breathe, and receiving an elbow to the stomach by Joel.

Putting my belt on, I placed a blade on the table and looked dead into Reed's basic brown eyes and spoke, "I didn't see you help out." 

"Shut up," he replied, showing off his canine teeth.

I was tired with this day, working the night shift again, then getting kidnapped and now this, I handed the ruby tracker to Lindsay and went up the stairs to sleep.

"Demon sensor," I called out to Lindsay and went upstairs.

Walking into my room I closed the door and flung my body onto the window loft bed and crashed into the millions of pillow I had. 

"Just because I run this, I don't know where his room is. Once he came here he became and still is, private," I heard voices echo. The walls weren't sound proof and I could hear everything in the hallway.

"Where are his parents?" Joel spoke up.

"Dead. No siblings, no other family member, no friends. He grew up in a orphanage run by the Catholics. After finding him in the orphanage, I decided to take him and raise him, I saw that he was rebellious and a fighter. I know nothing of him, super private," Lindsay told them. 

I heard my door open and heard Lindsay gasp in amazement. My room was painted dark navy blue and I had instruments lined up by my window seat. The light wooden acoustic guitar on the stand, a gentle violin resting in it's case on the shelf and lastly the bass on a bass stand. 

"They found him with a knife in his hand, he went to see mom when she died in child birth," I mumbled, telling Lindsay one of my secrets. 

"Can you leave? Please? You put me on the late shift again," I said, my arms crossed under the pillow and my head facing the wall, with my legs hanging off the bed and shutting my eyes. 

"Once you explain the ruby," Lindsay betted, making me groan and hide my face into the pillows.

"I already did, it senses any demons within the thirty feet area and it pulses against your skin," I explained. 

I stood up and walked over to my window and opened it, before jumping out I told Lindsay where I was going.

"I have a meeting to attend too, don't touch anything in my room," and with that I jumped out the window and landed finely and started to walk in the regular foggy forecast. 

Walking to a bar, I stepped in at saw a Court fairy and went up to him. He was a guard, disguise like a bartender. Handing him a note from his King, he lead me to the back and slid one of the bricks into a missing slot and opened up a portal realm to the Court land. 

Stepping in, I was immediately teleported in the King's throne, that was outside the botanic garden, hidden from people, no sun light, just darkness. I kneeled in front and placed my right hand over my heart.

"My King. You have called upon me. Why for?" I spoke, looking down at the ground. Here's the thing about the Court King. You have to speak like Shakespeare. 

"For I require something. Something that, benefits me and my people. Something that protects us. A potion. Ahh yes, a horn of the devil. Black and white spotted," he said. The King had a missing eye, his right, and was dressed in leaves and flowers. A jelled crown sat delicately on his head. He looked like a teen, but he was one-thousand years old.

I stood up with my right hand still over my hand, and reached into my pocket and grabbed the horn. He knew I had one. One of the guards walked up to me, but the King tapped his Royal staff on the floor, creating a large sound and the guard to step back.

"Fore allow my guest to bring forth the devil item."

Walking up, I gently placed it into his palm and stayed standing in front of him. He stood up and kissed my cheek that had a cut, and I felt it heal up.

"Oh the pleasure I have when I see you. You always brighten this Kingdom with your smartness. You may go," he said, and sat back down on the tree stump throne, decorated with assortments of all kinds of flowers.

I bowed and finally lowered my hand to my side and walked back to the bartender guard, who opened a portal back in the institute. Before I stepped in, he stopped me and handed me a maple leaf. 

"When needed, you summon my lord and he shall help," and with that he pushed me through and made me fall onto the meeting table. With everyone sitting there. Why were they still here?

"What the hell?" Joel said, standing up and his face coming into view.

"Are we still at peace?" Lindsay asked. She knew about my meetings with the King. The King will only talk with me since I'm always on his side and enjoyed my company.

I hummed in approval and sat up and held the maple leaf over my head as evidence I went there. Rolling off the table, I noticed them stand up and start to head out the door. Before they left, the Alpha handed me a tooth. Wolf tooth.

"Just a token, we will be back," and with that they left.

"What did I miss within thirty minutes?" I asked Lindsay, sounding posh and looking at my watch.

"You have another ally to deal with," Lindsay said.

Author's Note: HEYO! For Ro's hair style, look up 'Will Tudor' and if you look at his hair style, that's what Ro's looks like. As for his eyes? You shall find out eventually. Thank you for reading, really hope you guys are enjoying and I shall talk later.