Chapter 7

Song: Deal with the Devil opening theme song instrumental.

Staring at the face broke me, the warm hot chocolate eye I inherited, staring into my soul. Now I knew who had the brown eyes, as for the tinted evergreen grass, it must have been from mother. Just looking at him made him look real, but he wasn't. 

I screamed in his face and pierced the sharp sword into his head and relaxing my tense body. Tears threatened to spill, but I held them in. Just like the Headmaster. A mixture of sweat and blood was splattered on my face. Standing up and looking at the King, his face showed horror. 

"You didn't hesitate, most who see thou fear," the King said, standing up and walking towards me, he waited for an answer.

"I pity my father, he no man, for if he was, he would be here now, but for he is not," I spoke, anger lacing my voice. 

He looked at me in astonishment, and left the court area with no sound, leaving a portal wide open back to town. I wasted no time and stepped in, right in the institute, home. Walking somewhere away from any contact with humans, I headed to the room that washed my thoughts down the drain.

Removing the bandages from my dirty skin, and stepping into the boiling water that burned my skin, I rested my head against the white tile and let my tears finally spill. My emotions were everywhere, people messing with me and manipulating me. Along with seeing my fathers face for the first time in reality broke me, making me feel betrayed. 

My body was scorched in red marks from the water pounding on my back, making me realize. Was I born as a solider? To be used and manipulated? Would anyone take me for who I am as a human being?

Slipping on black jeans, the wet white towel around my neck and my shirt in my hand, I headed to my study room, but I couldn't help the feeling of being stalked. Dropping my guard and trying to breathe for once, I went in and closed the door before opening the window and letting the cool night air blow in and cool my tense burnt body. 

Dropping the towel and shirt onto the ground, I slid onto the wooden bar stool and turned on the lamp and blasted some pop music to drown my thoughts. Eating my bowl of grapes I've had laying around, I continued to shape the blade into a small dagger in a triangle with carbonate in it. The carbon acted as a design of thorns and the rose on the tip. 

Looking at the finished product, I heard a door open, causing me to grab the partially made dagger and throw it at the corporate, purposely missing their head by an inch. They didn't flinch one bit and just breathed out a sigh. Joel.

"What's this room?" He asked, looking around at my study room. The walls were dark brown, the old book shelfs with the sliding ladder attached, shelves upon shelves of journals on types of demons to potion creation. Everything I have documented for the years since I've been here. 

I walked over to the door and was face to face with his glowing eyes. I smiled and grabbed the dagger out of the hand crafted door with vines everywhere and walked back to my table. Putting my shirt on, I started to burn a hole into the middle of the rose to place a gem stone in the middle, but it was too late that I realized that the gem and the carbonate don't go too well.

The reaction created a small blast causing me to fly back. I was expecting to hit the door, but I didn't feel the pain. I looked back to see Joel holding me up from the impact. I thanked him and walked back and placed the right stone in. A diamond. 

Sealing up the finished blade, I took it in my hand and tossed up an apple and threw the blade at it, splitting it into two half and dropping into my hand, as for the blade, it landed back on the table. Walking back to Joel and handing him the apple, he smirked and took a bite of the apple.

"Sweet, just like you," he said, seductive. How does one respond to a situation like this? By being an idiot and somehow blushing.

I walked over to one of my shelves sectioned 'Animals'. Wolves was at the very top, so I climbed to the journal that was half done and walked over to the fireplace and sat on one of the lounge chairs. Red outdoor cushion texture and dark cherry blossom oak wood. 

"Mind if I ask you some questions?" I asked him, gesturing him to sit, as I took a bite into my purple grape.

"If I can do the same thing," making me nod and having him sit across from me. 

"This room is like a house, is it yours?" 

"It kinda is like a house, but not at the same time. I claimed the room, but usually I don't allow people in here due to all my work, but since you stalked me," and I left it at that for him to finish.

"Is it true you guys can heal when injured?" Causing him to nod and me to jot it down.

He sat there looking at me like he's staring into my soul, trying to figure me out like a million puzzle piece. 

"Have you ever thought of how your life would be if your parents were alive?" 

"No, it doesn't occur to me," I answered.

"Where is your mother?" I questioned. I felt like a therapist.

"She's been visiting her mom, she'll be back tomorrow. Lindsay said we're allowed to stay for the night since it's late and has been a long day," Joel told me.

I was finished with my notes, so I walked back and placed it in it's rightful spot and headed back to my spot. Church hoped in through the window and jump onto my lap and scratching my hand. 

"Well I'm sorry," I said to Church before giving him my last grape and putting him in the hallway.

"What is that?" Focusing my attention to the question Joel asked and telling him it's a cat.

I went to my desk before being pinned down onto the wooden table top and my eyes looking into red amber eyes that had specks of metallic shiny gold lingering in there, making it mesmerizing. My hands were being held above my hands as I stared at a smirk that pulled me in.