Chapter 3

"WHAT?" I was shocked to hear Forth's words, my brain literally stopped functioning, I am hearing them but I could not understand them.

"Forth" was all I could say

"I know, you are in love with Kit" he continued "I heard you say his name" he sighed "Call me stupid – but I would like a chance"

"Forth – I am truly sorry, but I don't think you should...", "You will be hurt" I tried reasoning

"I know" he simply stated as if he wanted coffee along with breakfast

"No, you don't" I lost it "Only you will be hurt ... I am telling you because I know how badly it hurts when you are confused – but to be in a relationship while I am pining on someone else is purely masochistic"

Forth took a deep breath, and he pulled me in next to him

"I know, it might be sadistic – I have never connected with anyone as strongly as I do with you." He looked me in the eye "From the day i saw you for the first time you have been in my mind, and today when I saw you standing there alone - in that whole fucking road - you were the only person i could see Beam.

He looked me in the eye, "I don't know how to explain"..... he then took a deep breath "All I am asking for is a chance"

I shook my head

"No", "Please treat it as a meaningless one-night stand" I pleaded

"I want to too" he sighed "But Beam, there is something about you that drives me crazy - try and date me, and if it doesn't work then I will never bother you ever again"

"Forth, just shut up" I yelled "I think you are still drunk, I will walk myself out and for god's sake do not follow me"

I almost ran out, taking the shirt in my hands. What the hell was that .... may be we are both crazy to like someone we can never have...

I reached my room with a splitting headache thanks to alcohol and my conversation with Forth. I fell face first on my bed thinking all this started when Ming started chasing after Kit.

They say you never realize what you have until you lose it, it was the same with me I think. Pha and Kit has always been an integral part of my life, that I could not imagine it without them.

At first, I thought maybe I am possessive of Kit, but it was never this painful to see Pha with Yo, it was like a physical pain to see Kit with Ming, or to see him smile at his text and it only got worse when Kit said he might like Ming as well.

Just sleep it off, you will get over it – important thing is that Kit is happy and you need to take care of Forth and not hurt him anymore I told myself as I closed my keys after switching off my phone.

----------------------------------------------------------

"Pha, did you talk to Beam?" I asked over phone as I stepped out of my room, last I saw him was yesterday when we were at Lam's and he looked like he was walking definition of pain.

"No" I could hear Pha sigh "His phone is switched off" he said

"Okay, I am going to his place" I disconnected the phone as I started driving to Beam's apartment – it was in the complex next to mine

I brought him porridge and juice, he must be drunk and waking up with hangover, I thought to myself – this guy has no control when it comes to alcohol

I was surprised to see Forth standing outside Beam's building, what is happening?

I silently followed him, as he went up to Beam's room and knocked the door.

"Beam" Forth yelled again knocking on his door harder after waiting for 15 minutes, and then finally Beam opened the door and let Forth in, I quietly moved closer to the door. I have no shame when it comes to my friends – not that I am proud of... but I just am worried

"Beam" I finally heard Forth's voice "All I want is a chance – let me take responsibility please"

"Forth, No fucking way..... I am taking responsibility for the crap I did yesterday – it was cheap, it was ridiculous and downright crazy on my part.... But no.... I am not dragging you down with me." Beam was now yelling back

What the hell happened?

"I know what I am getting into" Forth tried reasoning

"Oh Yeah??? hell if I know" Beam threw back "Please... Forth, only you will be hurt"

"You don't know" Forth reasoned "Maybe you will change your heart"

"Maybe I will, maybe I won't – but I am not willing to take a chance" Beam sounded so defeated....

From what I can gather Forth is trying to chase Beam and he is not okay. What the hell.... Why am I getting angry...? Without thinking I knocked on the door loudly and barged in

"Forth", I looked him in his eyes – he was way taller than me but I don't give a damm "What are you doing here?" I feigned surprise

"Kit" Beam was shocked and so was Forth by the look in his face "Kit, leave it – it is nothing important'"

I ignored Beam altogether, but turned to Forth.

"Thanks so much for taking care of him yesterday" I told him as sweetly as possible hoping he would get the clue.

"huh"... Forth was stunned , I used this opportunity "Beam, did you have breakfast – I got you some", "Would you like to have some Forth" I asked him too.

"No..." Forth was at loss for words, he didn't expect me to come barging in, I looked at Beam and he was taken by surprise as well, but from his expression he was relieved... that's all that matters

"I will go now" Forth said looking at Beam "I really hope – you give me a chance"

Beam looked at Forth and then an me, not sure what to do "Please Forth – please don't be hurt" he said. Wait did I misread the situation?

"Not more than you" Forth replied looking at me funny and then walked away

"What was that about?" I turned to Beam

"Nothing" I said turning away

"Hell it is" I pulled him towards me "What the fuck Beam... tell me"

Beam just looked away, "Trust me Kitty, it is nothing"

I looked into his face "Did you sleep with him? Is he chasing you now?"

I was just throwing out the first question, second, I can get it from their conversation – I know Beam liked girls so that might be the whole discussion if I have to make a guess

Beam's face went white – he looked like he saw a ghost – no, no correct it – he looked like a ghost, so pale.... What the fuck

"Beam...." I left it hanging, waiting for his reply

"Yes and Yes" he said in a whisper.