Chapter 7

"Don't" Forth pulled me back from following Kit

"But, he..."

"He will be okay, he just didn't know what to do looking at us like that" Forth was trying to explain, and I looked stunned

Kit saw me hugging Forth, he must have thought that the hottie I was telling him was Forth, shit

"Forth, I need to go after him" I tried to reason

"No, you don't" he told me , on seeing my stunned face "I am telling this to you as your friend, not someone who is tyring to woo you" he smiled

"You need to distance yourself from him, if you want him to be happy"

"He is my best friend"

"I agree" .. he paused "But do you think he will be happy to know that he is unconsciously hurting you.... Do you think he will be happy with Ming?"

"I, But... we"

"Yeah Yeah... you are not dating me" he smiled "But he IS dating Ming"

I sighed, "Yes, he is dating him"

"I know it hurts Beam, but it will be okay over time.... You will learn to be happy for your friend"

"How are you always right?"

"Well, it is easy to advise, and if I had even a little bit of brain I would be running in opposite direction from you"

I laughed, it was easy with him despite our situation "Yes, that is true – you should be running away from me"

"I will now, I am late for my class" he laughed and "I mean it – give it time".

He gave me a quick hug and walked away, "See you this weekend?"

"Weekend?"

"Yes, after your exams – it is the campus Star and Moon retreat, I assume Pha and Kit are going to be coming – you can be my plus one"

He gave a wicked laugh and walked away, I replied on top of my voice "IN YOUR DREAMS"

But I was feeling relaxed, he really was easy to talk to, and it was natural with him.

I took a deep breath, but he was not Kit. It will get easier , I told myself and got ready to class.

-------------------------

"KIT??!!!"

There was no reply "KIT .... I AM COMING IN" I shouted as I punched in the code and opened his apartment door.

"Are you ready?" I asked him casually

"Yes, Give me a minute" his tone was curt, he still was not looking at me

"Okay" I replied and sat down on his bed

"Kit...", "Kitty...."

"Stop calling my name and tell me"

"It is not... you got it wrong" i just wanted him to know that I was not with Forth, not that it mattered to him but i just wanted him to know.

"Got what wrong?"

"Me... Forth, me and Forth"

"Beam" he finally looked up, his eyes were a bit red and swollen "Whatever makes you happy" he smiled, but his smile didn't quite reach his eyes

"No, what I mean is nothing is going on with me and Forth"

He looked hurt now, "So you now randomly sleep with guys too now?"

"No, we didn't sleep together – he just ..."

"Okay" he cut me off in the middle "We are getting late, I am driving – let's go"

"Wow, what are you upset about?" I asked him

"Nothing"

I sighed "You are a bad liar"

"Well – it is annoying to find your best friend waste away his life , drinking, partying ..... and " and in arms of random strangers....... wasting away"

I was silent, as we stepped out of his room and he banged it close

"I just don't want to see you like this Beam" his tone was pleading "I really don't want to see you wasting away your brilliant mind, it hurts"

"What?" I was shocked – I expected a lecture but those words......

"It hurts to see you like this" his voice broke a little

What the fuck , "Kitty – I am sorry" I was tyring to see his face but he kept walking fast "Don't be upset please.... Is everything okay? Are you okay?"

I ran after him, there is something definitely wrong – he is not someone to choke up, not over this

"No", he abruptly turned back "Why do you care......? You think you can waltz in here and say anything you want and not expect ME to worry about you?"

His sudden burst of anger shocked me into silence, this was not the reaction I was expecting

"I am sorry...." I looked at him in the eye "I really am... and I promise"

"What?" he challenged me

"I promise not to hurt you in anyway" I meant what I said, but he just turned and walked away responding "Just hurry, we are late"