Chapter 21: A Final

The match you've probably all been waiting for starts now. Hopefully it's up to expectations. Time for Chapter 21!

Chapter 21

A Final

"Today's battles were beyond exciting, wouldn't you say, Maika?" called the voice of Kalas from the television screen at the Pokémon Center. Ash turned his head to look, letting it offer a reprieve from all the madness around him. The Center was absolutely packed!

"Very much so! As I've said before, they offer quite a different fare of battle from those in Ceremonies," the commentator and announcer for the Leilani Ceremonies said in response. The two of them were both on the screen, like a couple of newscasters, discussing the state of the Alola League thus far. "However, I really love the intensity that they offer. Have you seen battles this intense before?"

"I've seen quite a few in my time," Kalas said with a look of musing. Ash almost had to wonder if he was referring to the Kalos Team Tournament, in a sense, but the man didn't clarify for any of the watching audience. "However, today's semifinal matches simply made me very excited for what the final battle tomorrow will bring. We truly have two heavyweight contenders. Of course, the topic that's rampant amongst the Champions and Kahunas is, of course: will anyone be able to take Silvally down?"

"Yes, that is the definite buzz," Maika stated. The picture on the screen shifted to show all of the Champions from the other regions sitting and watching what seemed to be Gladion's battle from earlier that day. If Ash was honest, he'd completely forgotten they were even attending the League, making him wonder just how closely they'd be watching him tomorrow when he hadn't even noticed (and whether they'd been paying close attention to him or others during their stay, as well). More images on the screen appeared, consisting of Silvally, which Ash and Pikachu watched closely. "It's gone undefeated so far, no matter the number of opponents it's taken on, making the rest of Gladion's team have quite the chance to rest up."

"Well, the one thing we know for sure is that if Ash Ketchum wants to have any hope of taking home the trophy, he'll have to topple Gladion's Silvally and its mysterious powers. Though, he's no slouch, either, after his handy victory against Hau earlier today," Kalas laughed out. Ash's lips twitched. He had every intention of being the one to bring Silvally down in battle.

"Ash, come on! The celebration is all ready!" Hau's voice called across the Center, officially drawing Ash's attention to the boy. He wasn't alone; not by any means. In fact, Ash was almost certain that everyone was there...or thereabouts, giving a reason for why the Center was so packed with people. For some reason, making your way to the finals when you'd done it once before was a big thing. Ash wasn't about to take it for granted, though.

"You guys didn't have to do all this, but thanks!" Ash said, walking forward with Pikachu. There was a dinging sound from the backroom of the Center and Nurse Joy opened the door to allow the rest of his team to step forward in rather cheerful states. They all dove right for him with cheers of joy. "Glad to see you're all lively, too!"

"Koorooroo!" Decidueye hooted out all too happily. He swept his wings around Ash in an almost smothering hug while the others all piled on him. Ash started to laugh.

"I know! But we've still got the next battle, tomorrow! Gladion won't be a pushover!" Ash assured them. They didn't seem to care all that much, reveling in the day's victory, though Ash knew they'd be just as ready for tomorrow and that battle that lay ahead. Knowing that, he looked up at all those gathered in the Center, with his friends having pretty much taken over the entire location, nary a trainer able to enter.